Selection Tools and Shortcuts missing

Basically, I think this application is really strong and the handling and design are also very good for me. But what I “painfully” miss in the truest sense are “selection tools” or commands in form of shortcuts. It is incredibly difficult to select objects, I think I have read that some users have expressed these wishes much earlier. For example, it must be possible if I mark an object somewhere then I can select/mark/select it as a whole. I have an incredible number of examples, but I’m sure the development team has heard the wishes many times. However, I would also like to emphasize that the elements palette with the ability to create folders is great, but the selection tools / commands / shortcuts can in no way replace them because who wants to laboriously search through a list of hundreds of objects. It would also be damn cool if you could capture objects that are behind other objects without having to permanently hide them. As a former ESKO Art Pro and Package user, I unfortunately totally miss these tools. greetings from my wrist and fingers.

Thanks in advance. Christian

Yeah, selection still leaves a lot to be desired. The drag selection box and filter helps a lot, but a lasso tool with the same filters would be amazing.

Also, you can select through objects as long as you’re selecting precisely (it gives precedence to selecting, say, an edge behind a face).

Being able to save selections would be great, though. I’d also love to be able to select the target of a history step. I feel like that should be possible but haven’t figured out how to do it.

1 Like