Shapr3D Performance Issues on High-End Laptop

Unfortunately I can’t reproduce the problem, but the design in .shapr format, your computer’s specs, Shapr3D’s version number, and a detailed description of how to reproduce the issue could help.

Ok for me it happens on a M2 Mac Mini Pro and a Macbook Air M3:
I will test it in Windows shortly too.

Design: See video.
Dual Display
Shapr3D Version 5.631.0 (7013)

Issues:
Very jerky/laggy, difficult to select objects, will sometimes shoot you out in 3D space while panning due to lag.

Videos:

The frame rate drops seem to be rendering issues, not related to parametric modeling. We’ll look into this if we can reproduce it.

I was suspecting the same. I have not issue with the Parametric modeling since I am used to it just the lagg.

So here are my finding regarding my Windows PC, I have a Ryzen 9 5900X with Radeon 6800XT and 64GB ram.

It runs butter smooth on this machine, so this actually solved my issue. I wont be using my Macs for Shapr for now.

But I am very happy it actually runs smooth on my Windows machine, this solves a lot for me thanks.

I´d be breaking a couple of NDA´s if I shared my designs, however I´ll try the history merge. My experience is similiar to the videos shown by TitanKing for sure and if he describe the issue gone on Windows I guess there is some Mac optimization issues

We’ve managed to reproduce this problem, and we are going to fix it in the coming weeks. Thanks for reporting it.

Thank you Istvan, appreciate the efforts.