Shapr3D VR? Yes please

Just to weigh in with a slightly different perspective.

I’ve been using Shapr3D in my role as a campervan designer for 2 years now, and love everything about it. I’m happy on a big iPad Pro for hours and hours on end. I have no desire to swap out the creation environment for V/AR. However…

While the models do become accurate build plans later on in the process, initially I create rough layouts like the below, visualise, then communicate this to the client through screen recordings and captures. I usually have the vans in my workshop at this point, empty and ready.

Putting a headset on a client, and rendering out at this point as a walk-through visualisation of layout would be an absolute game-changer for me, and for most of my clients too. They don’t necessarily have the same comprehension of the space otherwise, and can’t always translate from screen to a vehicle interior.

So as a method to communicate designs already created, this would be incredible. Shapr3D’s level of materials rendering is more than adequate for what I’m doing.

I know the current app can already render out in AR. Would an export / publish to Quest be something that’s feasible?

1 Like

Hi,

You can export the model in the USDZ format (that’s also what the AR preview uses), and import it to any AR app that supports that format. I’m not deep into it, so I’m unsure about which formats the Quest supports, so it needs some research if it can do it already or not, but it might already be capable doing it.

7b03abfe-3ce0-41a2-bfd6-d40dd04f2eec_text