Sketching headache

I heartedly agree about the open point issue! I have inadvertently printed drawings that ended off centre because of that slight shift that went unnoticed during the sketching phase. I’ve thrown many curses aimed at that sneaky restless open point.

During the sketching phase we should not have to be thinking “lock-draw-lock-draw”. We should be focused on our work “line-next line-next line”. I would expect each line to stay as placed until I decide to take an action to change it.

And I also agree, you guys are building a great product that keeps growing and growing. Love that you’re all very proactive when we bring you issues like these.

2 Likes

I complained about this years (!) ago…

They didn’t fix it until now! They simply don’t care… and there are many other flaws as well

Nice to see that also other people is having this kind of issue. I though to be the only one that was unable to use the program correctly… :grin:
What about to consider the LAST point drawn the point to be “unlocked” and moved, and the FIRST point (clicked or down by the pencil) the potential “locked” one ? This could expand/move in the direction of the last drawn point.

Incomplained about this years ago and demanded exactly that!

They don’t listen to us so they will lose us!

Is it possible to say please, in which version will this feature released?

I have had great frustrations too, but mainly when applying constrains. Tangent, parallel, hor/ver etc.
For a while, I had an idea, that the order you selected things, would make a different. E.g. the first or last item to be selected, would stay in place. But it should like that’s not the case?
Say you draw 2 circles, select them and hit tangent. Which one moves??
(Update: Just tried this. I was expecting one or the other to move. But no. The diameter changes instead.)
Would be nice if there were an “alternate” button showed up, if you add constraint and more than one possible outcome is possible. So you can either toggle between them (2-3 possibilities) or show a list, if 3+ possible outcomes…

How does other CAD sw handle this?? We are in 2024, so no need to invent the wheel. “Just” do what works else where… Unless you can make a better wheel of course…

It is high on our priority list but we don’t have a set date for it yet.

Hello, will be sometimes in future added option, if I start sketching from origin, the sketch will be automaticlly lock for examle like in Solidworks or Fusion 360? Thank you for your answer.