Snap 3D Objects by Gismo Center or Arrow/Rotation

The problem that this feature will solve:
Save time and frustration.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

Within sketch mode, you can move 2D objects by simply drag the center point. These also snaps to selected snapping points (lines, points, grid, etc…). You cannot do this with 3D objects. 3D objects when selected have the “Gizmo” center. You can move the Gizmo center, but it will not move the 3D object with it, nor will it snap to selected snap points, e.g. the grid.
Would be nice to push a key (or with IPad users have another UI button), that changes the Gizmo behavior, so I can move 3D objects by it center point in the 2D/3D space accordingly, that snaps into specified snapping points. Also this key or button will change the behavior of the move/rotate tools, where it snaps to snapping points while moving or rotating.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?
This missing feature is slowing down my development process and requires workarounds, as I like to work with center points of objects and grids.

1 Like

Have you tried the Align tool?

I tried. You cannot align a 3D object against the grid center, grid axis or grid points. You have to draw helper lines/rectangles/circles to do that, which is annoying.

1 Like

I have to agree with this.

Once you extrude, the tools to operate on objects are far more crude than with the 2D sketch. 3D constraints would be awesome.

1 Like