Snap to integers when sketching

The problem that this feature will solve:
Often when sketching you want lines/circles/rectangles rounded to the nearest mm (or cm/m depends on your model) but you have to get close (e.g. 21.95273) and then go to edit the dimension (e.g. 22). This is time consuming and annoying.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:
Using a modifier key (option/cmd etc) would snap the value to an integer. I realise that ‘snap to grid’ is available but often the grid size (say 5 or 10mm) is too large.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?
Harmony and bliss when using Shapr :slight_smile:

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?
YES!

2 Likes

By the chance you don’t know you can lock grid size (1mm for example) and enable snap to grid.

Hi, Yes, as I mentioned, but I don’t want to work with a very fine grid all the time. Using a modifier key to ‘snap’ to a whole number when needed would be quicker than changing the grid size a few times. The interface is somewhat inconsistent, in that moving or rotating the values do snap to whole number when you don’t want it too! I’ve suggested the modifier in those situations in another request.