SpaceMouse Support

Yeah it’s probably very specific of a change for probably just me lol. If not that, is there another way to pan,zoom,rotate or just fingers for now?. For the record I think the workflow is perfect, but over a few hours and I get painful hands from the position it’s less comfortable when you go over a couple of hours with claw shaped pinching hands :smiley:

Would be cool to be able to use a Wacom remote or another quick assignable macro type button device to trigger operations.

Have you tried it with a mouse or trackpad?

I have not actually I generally don’t love trackpads, but would a trackball mouse work?, or is it just the apple keyboard accessory , apple mouse that works?.

Any mouse that you can connect to the iPad. Most bluetooth mice work.

1 Like

Oh awesome!, you guys rock!!

@chrisbeale SpaceMouse support is now out with version 4.7.1:

Hi,
I`m coming back to the idea of using a (wireless) SpaceMouse with Shapr3D on an iPad.
I use Shapr3D on my Mac with mouse and SpaceMause. Using my SpaceMouse for three-dimensional navigation is the most intuitive way. All leading CAD systems are using this way of interaction.
On my iPad, with i work most, I love to use my Pencil with my right hand and for me it is the most intuitive way to interact with Shapr3D on an iPad. But navigation with my left hand, pinch to zoom, one or two fingers for rotating, isn’t comfortable at all. It’s slow, imprecise and for me very stressful.

If Shapr3D should get the most Intuitive CAD app, where as I am absolutely convinced of, it should use the most intuitive input devices. And there is no doubt about of using a SpaceMouse ist the best way for navigation.

So please support 3DConnexion devices on the iPad as well.
Thanks
Martin

Hi!

It is actually not up to us at this point. 3DConnexion has no drivers for iPadOS, so we can’t support it even if we want to.

Well let us just cross the fingers for IpadOS16 then :wink:

2 Likes

Good day
Can you let me know when Windows support will come?

have a nice evening

It’s in the implementation phase, coming in a matter of weeks.

1 Like

SpaceMouse for Windows is now released in 5.210. It should be rolled out to you in a few days, if it hasn’t already.

1 Like

Just curious. Does Driver kit coming to ipad open up for the Magic mouse working on ipad too?

Its the mac driver transferable or do They have to write a complete new complicated driver for IpadOS?

I am using the spacemouse on my pc .

1.Zooming in Orthographic mode doesn’t work .
2. The forward movement is not smooth at all . Especially when moving through objects. there seems to be a lag of some sort when trying to move slowly.
( I am using the CAMERA navigation mode)

These functionalities are working well in other 3d software.

Hey – thanks for catching and reporting these. We were aware of a slowdown when moving through objects and fixing it was already on our schedule, but not the problem with the orthographic views. It’s a serious problem and we’ll fix it soon.

Could you perhaps record a video of moving forward when the problem is occurring? We only found major problems when moving through shapes, but not in other settings, so it’d be useful to see the problems you’re facing.

Hereby my videos.
It’s pretty simple : in Orthographic zoom in and out doesn’t function.

Thanks for the video! It helped us realize one thing we haven’t considered so far and will help us debug this: that it can be triggered by the FoV selector gradually – the closer you move the FoV to 0, the slower zooming becomes.

But I wasn’t entirely clear – what would be incredibly useful is a video of when the slowdown* happens, not when zooming stops altogether. We can reproduce the problems with the ortho mode well. But as of today, the only situation we found zooming to just slow down (but not stop altogether) is when we move through objects with holes in them, and we want to make sure we find & fix all problematic scenarios.

Thank you Peter, but there is no slow down in zooming. it is not possible to zoom alltogether in Ortho Mode. Zooming in and out is only possible in perspective. (This is in Shapr3D on pc ,windows 11)

I was referring to this sentence of yours:

If I understood it correctly, it is possible to move back/forward in this case, it’s just very slow. I understand that it’s in perspective views and we could reproduce it when moving through hollow objects, but I was wondering if you noticed any other scenarios where it occurred.

I am sorry , I misunderstood. I will try to make a video of the slowdown one of these days.