SpaceMouse Support

Hey – thanks for catching and reporting these. We were aware of a slowdown when moving through objects and fixing it was already on our schedule, but not the problem with the orthographic views. It’s a serious problem and we’ll fix it soon.

Could you perhaps record a video of moving forward when the problem is occurring? We only found major problems when moving through shapes, but not in other settings, so it’d be useful to see the problems you’re facing.

Hereby my videos.
It’s pretty simple : in Orthographic zoom in and out doesn’t function.

Thanks for the video! It helped us realize one thing we haven’t considered so far and will help us debug this: that it can be triggered by the FoV selector gradually – the closer you move the FoV to 0, the slower zooming becomes.

But I wasn’t entirely clear – what would be incredibly useful is a video of when the slowdown* happens, not when zooming stops altogether. We can reproduce the problems with the ortho mode well. But as of today, the only situation we found zooming to just slow down (but not stop altogether) is when we move through objects with holes in them, and we want to make sure we find & fix all problematic scenarios.

Thank you Peter, but there is no slow down in zooming. it is not possible to zoom alltogether in Ortho Mode. Zooming in and out is only possible in perspective. (This is in Shapr3D on pc ,windows 11)

I was referring to this sentence of yours:

If I understood it correctly, it is possible to move back/forward in this case, it’s just very slow. I understand that it’s in perspective views and we could reproduce it when moving through hollow objects, but I was wondering if you noticed any other scenarios where it occurred.

I am sorry , I misunderstood. I will try to make a video of the slowdown one of these days.

Thank you for fixing these issues; I’m extremely satisfied with the outcome. Could you please inform me whether it’s possible to modify the speed of the space mouse in Shapr? It seems to be moving slightly too quickly for my liking. In other software, I can utilize the numeric keys to adjust the speed. 1 for slow and going up in numbers for higher speed.

Not in the app directly, I’m afraid. But in the driver, you can set the sensitivity and the speed for each axis separately for each app. This screenshot shows the Mac driver, but the same settings are available on Windows, too.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Peter