Spline Tool

5E29F9FB-FE80-4D87-8DAC-1519A62B9E64
It seems to that you have to stop and wait for the spline point to be made. Subtle but important. Also seems to work better for me with Pencil held more vertical.

Best,

Tommy

Hi Gerald, yes I checked that and replaced the tip as well.

Ok, I’ll give that a try.

Still nothing. Very frustrating.

Michael,
When I started 6 months or so ago, I had some frustrations with this too. But when I learned to use a lighter touch and be patient, all was fairly quickly resolved. I did notice once that when the Pencil battery was low that this stopped working. If it is convenient, I would take your Pencil and iPad Pro to an Apple store and ask to try with another Pencil. If that doesn’t work, ask to DL s3d on one of their iPad Pro’s to rule out that you do not have a problem with your touch screen. Or maybe Apple has some Pencil and iPad diagnostics that you can download… Good luck…
Tommy

I don’t hear or feel any click – but then I shot way too many guns in my misspent youth! I do however see a momentary blue puff… That’s my key…

Best,

Tommy

@Dog107 can you check if the pressure sensitivity of your Pencil is working? Open the Notes app, create a drawing, select the pencil tool, and try drawing with different pressures. Does the color of the stroke change?

Ok, I think we have found the problem. I can’t really draw with the pencil tool selected. The line is very faint and it doesn’t change no matter how hard I press.

Dog107,
If you want to test to pressure function a bit more to be sure you might want to try downloading a graphic design program that offers a free trial or basic free pkg. but that offers a lot of pressure sensitivity and works with the Apple pencil. Adobe will have you jumping through hoops but some like Concepts let you use some basic features and you can skip registering with them.

Unfortunately that’s a common problem with the Apple Pencil, take it back, they will replace it.

1 Like

Just an update on this problem. It was definitely the Apple pencil that was at fault. I was unable to get the pressure sensitivity to work in any of the apps I tried. The battery on the second pencil had failed. I rang Apple support and got an appointment at the genius bar. It all went better than I thought it would. Both pencils were replaced and they also noticed a fault on my smart keyboard and they replaced that as well.
I can now draw splines in shapr3d.

5 Likes

Stopped using much of these CAD apps as I don’t see them replacing desktops. I had to wait before when using Shapr3d for a pencil replacement that took way too long.
Now I have to read, as I log onto here for the first time since, that my spline problem would possibly be the PENCIL AGAIN!?

No, this just seems too cheap all of it, I’m sorry! 1500 bucks worth of trouble.

Hi Svenito, what’s the problem?

Responded to previous old message.
Will most likely get rid of this tablet crap.
Now spline tool just make a bunchh of repetitious straight lines innstead of a spline,after not seeing else than the odd node appearing.
Might well have to do with this Ipad Pro crap I put myself througgh over the years. Why does it even make so many doubles of some letter inputs, as I am sure you can see.

I kind of miss my old Rhino3d on the old XP.

P.s. Tried the pencil in Concepts and works just perfect.