Super slow and using just one core (Mac M1)

Hi Jesper,

*Didn’t understand your requirements before.

See the following, timing was +/- 19 - 20 seconds. (Extrusions were 17mm, 5mm and 2mm, with same timing).

Hello Jesper,

iPad mini. 25 seconds. FYI

I have iStat menu installed.
It shows the individual cores, that’s how I noticed. But you have about 100% CPU load. That means one core. That would go to 800% if 8 cores was running full tilt… Or 1400% in case of your M3 max… That’s a beast…

So you have a M1 powered iPad I guess??

Hello,

On the iStat, now clearer and understood.

We went from a MBP i9 intel w/ external GPU to a MBP 14 core CPU/30 core GPU recently. It’s been a BIG step change when using Shapr3D.
*Also made us curious on your above experiment.

As for the iPad mini 6, presently only comes with a A15 chip. (6 core CPU and 5 core GPU). We await the new 2024 iPad mini. There are only a couple of large sized drawings that I can’t open on the unit. Yes, small screen / real estate, but very mobile.

You work on iPad mini. Wow. I have my old 1st gen 12.9 inch ipad, and I been gearing up to write post on the poor space managenet of the new UI.

I don’t like how they stacked everything in the middle. The Home/name island with that annoying never used Share button. Such a waste of premium middle space.
It’s great you can change the filename and fine to show it on the mac, but on the ipad, I really don’t need to have it shown all the time.

I so wish there was an option to get the old style back, with the house/home icon and the small import/export button to the left.

2 Likes