Support for surface dial

Hi, I like using Shapr3D a lot, it’s a gamechanging CAD tool for me who happens to use a pen display to work, making prototypes with this saved a lot of time compared to AutoCAD or OnShape.

Though, the problem is that my pen display is not the multitouch model from Wacom, so navigating in Shapr3D is kinda a hassle to me as I don’t really want to use a pen and mouse simultaneously, it renders the pen a bit useless.

So, I was thinking to use my surface dial for Shapr3D, which I wished to work but it did not, at least for the viewport.

I really hope that Shapr3D will consider adding surface dial support because it’s a really intuitive tool for pen display/tablet users like us, it has vibration feedback which could be useful for changing numeric parameters like sizes, radius etc. I can also switch between control modes like scroll, zoom, etc. It’s really that great but also unfortunate because there aren’t many modern software using the potential of these kind of devices to create more fluid workflows. I can imagine how good would it be if I am using Shapr3D with the stylus and dial on a Surface Studio or on a cintiq.

In fact, the dial feature on Windows 10+ is not just for surface dial, others can make a third party custom dial and use it like how you would with the original surface dial and have similar experience.