Taper Issue - Model Mania 2002

I’m trying to re-create Model Mania 2002 (link below). Need to have a 7 degree taper on the sides and inside surface. Inside surface is shelled out. Can’t find a way to create a 7 degree taper on these surfaces.

Here’s a start.

1 Like

Thank you very much! You did it so quickly!!! I have a lot to learn :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s a variation with 7° taper in both directions.

4 Likes

This is great! I need to change the way I think. I was trying to copy the method shown on the website done on the other program. This was very helpful. Thanks again!

Could you also take a look at this one please? I’m having trouble doing the mid and side tapers on Model Mania 2009 challenge. I was able to do everything but the tapers. Would appreciate your help.

Here’s my approach. The key to making the center angle rib that has a 4° draft is to use the Sweep tool. I’ll show that part again on the 2nd video.

Note that the only thing I did not do other than the various radii is provide a 4° draft on the tapered sides that step down 30mm shown in blue on the jpg pic.

1 Like

Using the Sweep tool on the center rib.

1 Like

Thank you! I will try this. I did a sweep before but now I can see where I made a mistake.

Here’s how to do the tapered stepped portion.

1 Like

Just saw this! I’ve been battling with the angled stepped portion since last week. Even tried two distance chamfer with some math to get the 4 degree angle. I’m going to redo it with your method. Thanks again!