Unfortunetly, I hate the NEW version. Please change back

I am a very heavy user.
Surprisingly, this is the first time I’ve ever experienced an upgrade that made me more uncomfortable.

The following things are inconvenient in the new version

*Inconvenient mirror function: In the previous version, if I wanted a mirror function, I could grab an object and a reference point and the mirror function would come out and run immediately, but now when I do that, I don’t see the mirror function, only the rotation function. I don’t use rotation very often.

*Abnormal subtraction function: Obviously, in the previous version of the subtraction function, the subtraction and the remaining things worked properly, but now it doesn’t work right.

*Inconvenient object movement: dragging and moving objects with sketches at once worked fine in the previous version, but not in the new version.

*History function: I don’t need that.

*Please let me switch between modeling and visualization at once.
I switch between modeling and visualization dozens of times a day, and it’s very inconvenient.

I’d like to go back to the old version as soon as possible. I can’t keep using it if it’s not user-friendly.

I’m an iPad user. If I don’t know how to do something faster in the new version, please be kind and explain it in detail. Please also send me an email.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Hi @Elcajon , I’m sorry to hear that you find it so hard to adapt to the new version. Can you please provide a bit more information on what exactly the issues are so that we can improve it?

What is the issue with the subtraction function?

What is the issue with the move function?

I can’t reproduce this issue, the mirror operation shows up to me. Can you provide a way to reproduce this issue?

first of all, I really love shapr3d. In the substract issue, This is my fault. I should have checked the option for the subtraction function, but I didn’t. I have no problem with the subtraction function.

In the previous version, when I dragged and grabbed an object, the hover function appeared on top of the object, but now it doesn’t. Please tell me how to fix it

Sorry I don’t understand this one, maybe due to the translation app? What is the “hover function”?

I can’t see the Move function.

Is there a sketch in your selection by any chance?

move function was not appeared because I selected the body with the sketch at once.

Yes. In previous versions, if I dragged and selected an object, it could be moved with , whether it had a sketch or not.

Yes, sketches and bodies now can’t be moved together due to parametric modeling, this is a known limitation.

I am very sad. I want to use the old version, is there any way? The mirror function used to come out immediately after grabbing the object and baseline, but now it doesn’t even come out immediately.

When I erase the sketch on the right, the object is erased as well. I don’t need the sketch and want to delete it, but I can’t.

No, it’s not possible. I understand that adapting to these workflow changes can be be hard initially, but we are confident that the workflow improvements will be worth it. In our experience Shapr3D users who are familiar with the product can learn how to use this functionality in less than an hour. We’ve prepared many new tutorials and learning materials, that you can find below. If there are any particular questions we are also happy to help here.

For those who don’t have 60 minutes, I’ve also prepared a 10 minute long video that explains the very basics of the recently introduced changes.

3 Likes

Hi Istvan

I am not wanting to stir up trouble or problems but I am not sure that all of this new way of working can be fully comprehended in an hour. It makes me feel like an idiot if I am struggling with the new way of doing things. As I have said before I have been using the program for 4 years so not totally new to the program. I will say I am slow and certainly not as fast as the many more experienced operators.
I am an iPad user and is my preferred operating system, I really struggle drawing on a PC, no matter what program is. That is when I found Shapr3d I LOVED IT FROM THE START.
The video you posted the other night and have re-posted here certainly helps a lot and I am getting to grips with the flow of the history base, but I have spent a lot more than an hour and still only feel as if I have touched on the features. I have also watched many of the newer videos but I still have many unanswered questions.
(On a side issue I had and have extreme difficult loading a video that I create from my iPad onto the forum. My son did it for me yesterday but even he struggled and I still do not know of a quick and easy way to do it. If I found an easy way to do this I would be able to contribute more and learn more more quickly from either you or other experienced users)
I have even sent the same videos through to support today, and as far as I know I have at least tried to send them to you directly, maybe they did not arrive.
Support referred me to the same and similar posts on the history based panel but I do not think these have to do with the new upgrades directly, but they do have to do with the handling of sketches and planes.
I am sure some of it could be possibly easily explained but I seem to be missing a vital link ensuring that when I try and pick up on a sketch when moving between planes.
I really hope that I will be able to get assistance on this as it is vital in my workflow to develop lofted bodies from a side profile, cross sections and a top profile. Most of the shapes require to be drawn using splines.
I would request again that the videos I managed to upload on the forum be looked at and commented on, and just remember I am not concerned about the history at this stage or sketches being hidden, I get that now, but when changing back to a plane and selecting it how when I draw on it the previous lines and or arcs are not on the same plane.
All help will be greatly appreciated.

I understand that getting used to the changes takes more time for you. That’s perfectly normal, and we are always happy to help if you have any specific questions. The linked videos and tutorial pages are a great source for learning, and if you have any additional questions, the community and our team is always happy to help.

Please can you reply to my sketches and planes topic on the forum, that is my specific problem. Unfortunately I see one of the videos is loaded twice but I hope from these two videos you can make some sort of comment to help me?

Sure, I haven’t seen it. Can you share the link?

Thanks a lot. I will try…