Using sketches from projected solids sheet metal fabrication

Need some help. Since shapr cant flatten sheet i thought i had found a work around. By manually cutting and union joining each bend i was left with a flat part. This flat part i then projected onto another sheet to get the new sketch however when I tried to export the sketch as a dxf nothing showed.

The projected sketch has a purple line rather than the usual blue line but this seems to be the only notable difference

If someone could help explain how i change this projected sketch into something that then can be exported as a dxf that would be amazing.

https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The attached pics show the process but for those pesky purple lines it would all seem good. Any help appreciated

Hello
See the screenshot
1• Create Projection on a Plane
2• Keep only the projected sketch visible on TOP VIEW. In FRONT for you in your example
3• Select projected sketch. Menu > File > Export to > DXF from sketch
4• Open it in Illustrator or other.

Hi jean-philippe
Thanks for your reply. I have tried to do what you sugest but can seem to project to a plane
If i create a new plane beneath the objects. Then nothing will project. I have to draw a rectangle below to create a blue surface. Onto this i can project but then i get the purple lines. Which cant be exported What am i doing wrong your assistance is appreciated.
I have found a laborious work around t=which is to trace every surface but that seems long winded
Thanks

Jayemery
In attachment the shapr3d file.
shapr3d_export_2024-10-15_21h37m.shapr (28,8 Ko)