Using Sweep to make a four sided bowl Problem

I make a profile shape and create a rectangular/square outline, then Click one side (line) at time it makes 1/4 of the bowl, no problem so far. After three sides are complete Sweep refuses to make the fourth side. I end up doing all kinds of 3d gymnastics; Extrudes, Shell, and Loft to beat it into submission. Anyone know an easy way to create a square bowl? Thanks

Without seeing your sketches, it’s hard to advise.

That said, I’ve often found that setting some sketches to overlap, causes the last overlap to not work.
In this example, I’ve put the end point of the bowl side profile at the very corner of the base profile, and perpendicular to the edge I want to sweep first. After sweeping, I just extruded the four bottom faces into each other. Align might have worked as well.

I found to get a raised panel for cab door, if I create rectangle on sketch and then center the profile on one of the lines of the rectangle, it sweeps correctly. Then I can subtract profile body from panel

Different corners on this one with same approach. The end of the side profile sketch again placed on a side of the base sketch.

3 Likes

Hey, Thanks for the good suggestions. My default method lately has been to get two or three sides complete then do a Copy and a 180 degree turn… than extrude away the unwanted parts. Your suggestions give me better tools to handle this. Thanks again! Best Regards, Wayne

1 Like

Thanks. I keep running into this problem so your input is is very much appreciated. Best Regards, Wayne

1 Like