Version 5.730 broken exporting

M1 iMac
Shapr3D version 5.730

Exporting is completely broken. I cannot export ANY parts in ANY format. I either get a message saying ‘Export Failed’ if I use the new quick export menu (File - export to - STL) or if I export the using the traditional menu, STL files automatically get a .s put on the end of the file name and will not open with any 3D printing slicer!

I was using the previous version, updated the software during my break, 10 minutes later i return and IMMEDIATELY exporting is broken. Files now save as ‘Plain text documents’ or don’t save and a message is shown saying ‘Export Failed’

No file format works to export, I cannot export in any format. The old version works to export on my other Mac system that has not been updated, but of course I cannot open any files I have opened using the new versions so I cannot continue my work period.

Hi,
Could you please send us the file in the support portal? We would like to investigate why the export has failed.
https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Could you just confirm that this portal is private and secure as this is a confidential project? I will be happy to send the file is so.

Thanks

Any requests sent in the Support portal can only be seen by the Shapr3D support team.
Your request will only be seen by you and the Support team.

1 Like

I have sent the broken STL export. Are you requesting the actual Shapr3D file also?

I appreciate your fast replies trying to solve this issue. I am unable to continue my project until a fix is found.

Yes, the STL file and the Shapr3D file.

How can I send the Shapr3D file? If I click file - export to - Shapr3D, I get the same ‘Export Failed’ message.

Update: also fails if I exit project, right click project and ‘save as .shapr File’

A new file. Simple 15mm approx cube form. (sketch and single extrude). File - export to - STL.

Successful:

My actual project files however, do not export. So if I create new simple and basic files it works, however none of my current project files work.

Could you also confirm you have the broken STL file as I sent it through the portal but it now says the request has been ‘solved’. So I hope someone hasn’t just closed the request because I didn’t provide any other information in the request (as I did this in a previous request).

Have you tried exporting using an older version of the project?
Right-click and press show versions and choose the version you’d like to restore to.
More information here:https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/16286319763228-5-730-Project-Versions

When exporting, no need to open the project workspace, you can right click on the file and save in .shapr format

We have received the STL file. The ticket itself is not solved - it was merged, we will wait for your Shapr3D design on the ticket. Please reply to it and we will investigate further.

I cannot export the project as a .shapr file on older versions of Shapr3D (I have Shapr3D version 5.700.0 (7412)) on my MacBook Pro.

It seems any version of this project I have on both devices, will not export as a .shapr file. However, on versions of the project that are old enough for my MacBook Pro to open (on the older software), I can in fact still export parts fine.

Summary:

Cannot export any version of project as .shapr file.
Cannot export as STL on latest Shapr3D.
Can still export as STL (and others) on old Shapr3D (but these are old versions of the project.)

Anyway to arrange a phone call or video call to trouble shoot this problem faster? rather than through a public forum and message based support request?

When you open the Shapr3D app, please right-click the file and save as .shapr file

We currently do not offer chat or call support, but I’m happy to assist you via the ticket. We are waiting for your response there.