• Ask for help
  • Post or read tutorials
  • Share your designs with other Shapers
  • Report bugs and share workarounds
  • Ask for new features
  • Receive news about updates

We hope you’ll have a great time using Shapr3D

• and be sure to check out the forum at least once a week:
    there’s always something new and interesting up here!
1 Like

Hello
shapr3d team,

yesterday
I bought the app and I have immediately subscribed for a year! This is what I
am looking for ever since. Especially the intuitive structure of the software
is intriguing to me.

Here
my 1st question: How do I move in 3d space? So far it seems that I am dependent
on the grid.

• Can I work independently of the grid, e. g., set a point above a
    triangle in order to draw 3 lines to the 3 corners of the triangle and create a
    pyramid with 3 sides?

• What is the easiest way to set this point?

• How do I connect all four points?

And
2nd, how about:

• extending an existing line. I wish I could select and press the pen to
    FREEZE the line and then extending it in either direction by moving the pen.

• connecting two independent points in 3d space. E.
    g., I wish I could select the first point by e. g. pressing the pen on it
    to FREEZE it (so it can be snapped), then go to the second point (but how to
    snap it?) and draw a line from there to the first FROZEN/snapped point without
    needing any grid.

yesterday
I bought the app and I have immediately subscribed for a year! This is what I
am looking for ever since. Especially the intuitive structure of the software
is intriguing to me.

We are glad you like it :slight_smile:

Here
my 1st question: How do I move in 3d space? So far it seems that I am dependent
on the grid.

One finger pan will orbit the camera around a center point. The center point can change if you have an object in the front of you. The two finger pan will move the camera left/right and up/down. The up/down direction depends on the grid indeed.

Can I work independently of the grid, e. g., set a point above a
triangle in order to draw 3 lines to the 3 corners of the triangle and create a
pyramid with 3 sides?

Currently you can’t. Currently sketches are limited to the grid and to faces.

What is the easiest way to set this point?

The usual workflow would be to create the sketch on the grid, then transform it to the appropriate position with the transform/translate/rotate tools.

How do I connect all four points?

Currently that’s not how you would create a pyramid. I would create a cube, then cut out triangular extrusions from it. But soon we will add a draft tool, with that you will be able to draft shapes.

And
2nd, how about:

extending an existing line. I wish I could select and press the pen to
FREEZE the line and then extending it in either direction by moving the pen.

Currently we are working on HUGE improvements in the sketching engine, we will add constraints, and customizable construction planes.

connecting two independent points in 3d space. E.

We may add 3D curves in the near future, but we don’t have an ETA for that.

g., I wish I could select the first point by e. g. pressing the pen on it
to FREEZE it (so it can be snapped), then go to the second point (but how to
snap it?) and draw a line from there to the first FROZEN/snapped point without
needing any grid.

Yes, that’s one of the features that we will add together with the constraints feature.

hey guys!
i’ve just signed up, but i’ve been looking at the forums for a couple of months. it’s a really incredible app, and i have 2 questions

•how long did it take you to make all those algorithms and everything before releasing the first version of the app?

• how do you make a sphere in shapr3d?

thanks a lot,

theepicapple1

Answers are here: Share your creations

I’m using this to model my new pharmaceutical lab buildout, to prototype new CBD products and for experimental machine development on the new iPad Pro 12.9 - The biggest problem I am seeing is not having CAD blocks available for shapr3d, how can I utilize premade 3-D CAD blocks in this system and place them into my floor plan? ~ David Posel

You can import them as STP or IGS files.

1 Like

Hello artists

I have to say English is not my language so you will certainly read grammar mistakes and also intent …I have a tendency to loose patience when I can’t express my thought and my sentences don’t turn out very clear
I am French located in the sunshine state …I design my own costumes a homemaker .I work daily with illustrator … I am leaning toward a 3D printer and I have no knowledge about those machines the same for 3D program.
My first question … Can I import file from illustrator to Shapr3D/
Does anyone have any suggestions about 3D printer /
I thank you
Fabrice

1 Like

When trying to create small chamfers I set the amount and they change to rounds instead. I have to try over and over again to get the right result.
What is the correct way to add chamfers?

Hello,
Is it possible to add text

Not yet. Text tool is coming later this year.

1 Like

Hi all. I am very excited about the materials features, for example wood, metal. Could you tell me when comes true this dream, i really want to use construction materials. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi, any further news on this addition?

Would any future text update support traditional Chinese characters?

Thanks

I just now noticed this feature under the Window on the hamburger menu. I love it. Testing now. I see that the Font size on the left and right are very small. Is there a way in the app or on my new M! Max Mac to increase the size. I love that I can move to iPad from within the Shapr3D app and not have to go into MACOS and enable a lot of stuff to get this to work. We are now getting back to making apps that are powerful YET easy and simple as possible to use. This is very important. That most app forget about.