Woo Hoo - Some problems resolved, for Now anyway

APDesignmachine is a genius…

I exported my files to X_T. Then reimported to a new file.

Translate point selection works properly.
Bodies don’t move by them selves.
Double click body selection works.
Loads faster.
Commands respond immediately
iPad doesn’t get hot.
Got rid of those pesky sketches.

I can work again…

Stupid fix, to a stupid upgrade.
Guessing this is part of my new workflow…

1 Like

Good to know. Alas this trick doesn’t work every time. I have a 2D curve as a basic sketch, which is very simple: only defined by three points. It represents a quarter of the bottom of a (future) container. In order to properly sketch the whole bottom of that container, I need to mirror that curve on the X then Y axis, so the sketch of the container base is complete and symmetric. Sketching 101. But as soon as I tap on ‘Mirror’ then select the X or Y axis (or plane) Shapr3D instantly crashes. Every. Single. Time. On the iPad (iPad Pro M2 12.9") and on the Mac (iMac M1) too! Latest update 3 hours ago: same behavior.

I tried to export the isolated sketch as a DXF then import only this ultra basic shape in a blank new project: the app continues to crash when trying to mirror the simple curve. On iPadOS and on macOS. I can’t even start work!

EDIT: Finally found a workaround, akin to a voodoo spell. For whatever reason, moving the shape to other coordinates in the sketch before mirroring it prevents crashes. Let’s point out that there is nothing else in the project – no other construction planes, sketches or bodies…

There’s something drastically wrong there. Have you sent the file into them so that they can figure out what the problem is?

Now the file has been repaired by displacing the curve to new coordinates, I don’t think it’s worth it. Anyway, I now send the crash reports to the Shapr3D team every time the app crashes for whatever reason. That means, since the “big update”, several times a day!

I suspect that if most people are doing it too, the team must be overwhelmed.

1 Like

@gpahome glad you got it sorted but this workaround was a group effort amongst a few of us including @Shaun and @Xdrakosha. We went through multiple iterations and variants, compared each others models with similar body counts and got some interesting results.

@flux_capacitor unfortunately this workaround is targeted towards large legacy models and their bodies only experiencing severe performance degradation. It’s just meant to allow us to keep working without having to wait for the new updates.

2 Likes

Yes, my issue was different.