Zoom with the mouse

Hi

I’ve connected a Bluetooth mouse to my Ipad and it works really well
Have also tried to work in shapr3d with the mouse as a complement to the pen and I was surprised how easy and smooth it is, it feels absolutely right!

Please, you can make it zoom in and out with the scroll function it would be a huge upgrade !!

and yes I’m left handed (holding the pen with my left and the mouse with the right hand)
it is truly fantastic!

3 Likes

Interesting! Thanks for experimenting and sharing. I have recently been using a new a MacBook Pro so my mouse feel is there…

Best,

Tommy

1 Like

Hi Robert,

My iPad Pro is a couple of generations old and I use the round Apple Pencil (2017 I think). I have a spare Apple Mighty Mouse and I tried to connect and no go. Do you know if only the newer iPads will connect with a bluetooth mouse? Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I too am a lefty :smile:

-Mike

1 Like

Hi Mike,

don’t know if it works with the early ones,
I upgraded to the latest yesterday, (4th generation)
and I am more than satisfied.

it’s something that would make me think that the right handed can be jealous about (to use both hands) …
(they say that the left handed persons are smarter) :wink:

Hi Robert,

We will fully support it. It just came as a surprise for us, and will take some time to implement. We are just as excited about it as you are :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Robert,

Are you saying that you have the latest iPad Pro with the Lidar scanner? If yes, I am envious!!!

I would like to get into 3D scanning and ultimate work with scans to manipulate as 3D models. I am new to this and seeking advice. First, I use a Mac and not a PC. Does anyone know if there is software for the Mac to use scan data (point cloud?) and convert to a 3D model that would be suitable for import into S3D and ulitimately modify? And I don’t mean STL files. Although they can be imported, which is a good thing, there are limitations on what Tools can be used on them.

(And yes, we lefties are a special breed)

Regards, Mike