Shapr3D on Surface Pro with IOS emulator

Dear István,

At the moment I already aware that you will not make the Shapr3D for windows but I would prefer the Surface Pro instead of Ipad Pro. The fact that I am a big fan of Shapr3D and I am really impressed about your software and if I finally choose the Ipad Pro than it will be only because of your 3D CAD software. But before I do it I would like to know whether is there a chance for having the software working on a windows based Surface Pro + pen if there is an IOS emulator running? I did not checked the IOS emulators so far, I’ve just heard about Ipadian but I guess there are at least a few ones to make possible the usage of IOS apps on windows.

Did you tested it before? Can it work? What do you think about it?

Thank you in advance!

Br,

Tibor

I am pretty sure that there is no way to run anytging like an iOS emulator on windows, especially not a legally clear way. That being said, even if you would manage somehow to run it on Surface, we would not be able to support it. However, we do have plans to port Shapr to Surface, but we don’t have an ETA yet.

Thank you for the answer! I think that so many user would be extremely happy if the Shapr3D would be available also for the Surface Pro with a Surface Pen, actually that would be the best solution for me as well. Is ETA means estimated time of arrival? Is there a chance for having it even in this year?

Definitely not this year :slight_smile:

Any news on Shapr3d on Surface pro? I feel its a shame that you hadn’t released it on Microsoft, please release as there are many people on surfaces that really like this app.

I agree ery much and also hope the team not going to release any other version except iOS, even for Mac(except when having a touch virtual keyboard like a trackpad). Surface family including Book, is unsuccessful especially when it comes to a horizon of upcoming years.

HI,

I’m a beginner with Shapr3D. I’m a designer and I work in a big engineering office, we are more than 100 between architects, designers and engineers. The main part of us is using surface pro as second device because we can run also all other design softwares or apps (Autodesk Design pack, rhino, Tekla, sketchup and Other Fem softwares). It could be very interesting if you had the time to develop also an App for the Surface Pro platform. Do you have any news?

Hey Stefano, yes, that’s definitely something that we would do in the future, but we don’t know yet when. We handle this however as a priority.

Thanks for prompt reply, I will wait your news then.
SZ