Back to school? Then you have some homework to do: Request your educational license from Shapr3D’s website (not the app!) today. Jump on that free access to unlock all the premium features.
For the avid readers out there, we have the nitty-gritty of Shapr3D’s latest update:
- New: Link all the designs on your device to your Shapr3D account, so you’ll be ready for syncing designs in the future. We’ll fill you in on the details in the iPad and Mac sections of the Manual.
New: Put the Split Body tool to work and cut a body into two separate bodies. You can use planes, faces, sketch fillings, and images to split them.
New: We upgraded the Chamfer/Fillet tool, so you can use an advanced option — blend a 3D model’s edge with two chamfering distances and separately tweak each distance.
- New: Here’s another boost for mouse and trackpad users. Any selected sketch tool will stay active even after you finish drawing a line, spline, or shape. So, you can sketch in one sitting without interruption.
- New: You can also use the Escape key to finish a sketch and drop the active sketching tool. If your iPad’s keyboard doesn’t have the Escape key, set up the Globe key as its substitute.
- New: Save and restore camera views on the Mac with the V1, V2, and V3 buttons on your SpaceMouse.
- Fixed: We smoothed the kinks out of section views for 2D drawings so you can accurately dissect your 3D model.
- Fixed: We drilled down into the backend to straighten out those frustrating goofs that affected a handful of features, including command search and 2D Drawings.