4.11 - Split Body tool and sketching boosts

Hi everyone!

Back to school? Then you have some homework to do: Request your educational license from Shapr3D’s website (not the app!) today. Jump on that free access to unlock all the premium features.

For the avid readers out there, we have the nitty-gritty of Shapr3D’s latest update:

• New: Link all the designs on your device to your Shapr3D account, so you’ll be ready for syncing designs in the future. We’ll fill you in on the details in the iPad and Mac sections of the Manual.
  • New: Put the Split Body tool to work and cut a body into two separate bodies. You can use planes, faces, sketch fillings, and images to split them.
    • iPad:
      Split_Body_eg_iPad
    • Mac:
      Split_Body_eg_Mac_edited
  • New: We upgraded the Chamfer/Fillet tool, so you can use an advanced option — blend a 3D model’s edge with two chamfering distances and separately tweak each distance.
  • New: Here’s another boost for mouse and trackpad users. Any selected sketch tool will stay active even after you finish drawing a line, spline, or shape. So, you can sketch in one sitting without interruption.
  • New: You can also use the Escape key to finish a sketch and drop the active sketching tool. If your iPad’s keyboard doesn’t have the Escape key, set up the Globe key as its substitute.
  • New: Save and restore camera views on the Mac with the V1, V2, and V3 buttons on your SpaceMouse.
  • Fixed: We smoothed the kinks out of section views for 2D drawings so you can accurately dissect your 3D model.
  • Fixed: We drilled down into the backend to straighten out those frustrating goofs that affected a handful of features, including command search and 2D Drawings.
9 Likes

It is out already, availability depends on Apple, usually it takes a few hours to be available everywhere globally.

We are on it, thanks for pointing it out.

It should be published now. :slight_smile:

Finally, a split body tool! I’ve been waiting for this since I first subscribed.

1 Like

Yes, we are in the process of syncing the releases across platforms. For now you can expect minor differences in release dates, but we want to catch up in a couple of months, and release everything on every platform at the same time.

Yes, we are on it.

1 Like

Very cool!

However, is there a way or will be a way to set the chamfer as an angle instead of two distances?
That would be very useful and easier to set. Just an angle and depth. UX could be similar to the “flip” option for the align tool to set the angle direction, with drag or tap for manual input to set the chamfer depth, curved arrow for angle with tap for manual input or drag option.

I had brought this idea up in this thread:

One step further would be chamfer annotations in dimensioned drawings.

Can’t wait to sync up projects though!
Thanks!

@Miharu_Shapr3D

Great work! This mostly requested tool finally arrived!

Thanks!

Best,
Kingson

1 Like

Finally split tool :blush: Now give us texture support!

OK. :eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Cloud sync! YESSSSSS! :heart_eyes:

Split will be great for us 3D printing hobbyists.

Hi

I cant get cloud syncing on. Have tried both tricks i know: log off and on - restart iPad. Read the Manual too so i have really been out of my comfort zone. What am i missing here?

Sorry :pensive:

New : Save and restore camera views on the Mac with the V1, V2, and V3 buttons on your SpaceMouse.”

Will any version of this be coming to iPad?

I would find it very useful when designing anything that will be viewed from specific angles once realized in the physical world. For example, in my line of work, theatrical scenery and props.

Hi. When it does come to the iPad (I don’t have a Mac) will current visibility of objects also be a part of the saved view. This would enable switching back and forth when working on a single object but needing to refer back and forth to it’s context. Would work well with the hide/show selected toggle being talked about elsewhere.

I’ve previously also suggested that for the hide/show selected that there might be the option of greying out/make transparent of the unwanted clutter.

Thanks

Hi!

Saving Views is only available right now with the SpaceMouse devices. As there is no driver for iPads, you can’t use them at the moment.

Views save the camera position, meaning hide/show depends on your current settings, not on the saved view.

I like the split body tool a lot.
Thanks for implementing that.

2 Likes

I tried this today with a stepper motor CAD file I downloaded, and could not break the parts off that I didn’t want. Any ideas?

File: https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/p-series-nema-34-closed-loop-stepper-motor-8-5nm-1203-94oz-in-with-encoder-1000ppr-4000cpr-34e1k-85