5.450 - New Visualization materials

Regular release updates

This release brings you exciting updates to Visualization, 2D Drawings, and the views menu section.

• New: Now you can realize your design goals with new wood materials in Visualization such as ash, bamboo, beech, cherry, douglas fir, and painted wood. Achieve even more realistic looks with the addition of colorable cast iron and rubber tire, and visual improvements to diamond plate and oak materials.
    5.450-new-visualization-materials

• Improved: Min-max distance, line-line angular, and three-point angular dimensions now also snap in 2D Drawings.

• Improved: Your selected unit with the current grid size now displays in the menu while modeling, giving you quick visibility.
    5.450-grid

Beta release updates

Check out these new updates to the History-Based Parametric Modeling Beta. If you’re interested in becoming a beta tester, visit our Parametric Beta download page to install.

• New: Now you can create groups of bodies and faces and edit them together using the Pattern tool and also edit pattern parameters from the history step list.
  • Improved: Now you can set a target geometry for Extrude by using the BoundType and BoundObject parameters in the History step.
  • Improved: Easily identify and fix problems caused by history edits with the enhancements made to the visualization of missing sketch elements and geometries.

Give these updates a try and let us know what you think.

5 Likes

Found a bug when trying out the new materials.

When using the bar at the side of the screen, scrolling is normal.

When using two finger scrolling on my touchpad, the model pans off the screen as I scroll through the materials.

I’m using a MacBook Air M1

Edit:

I closed the app and restarted and the issue seems to have gone away… :thinking:

This is awesome!!! It works pretty intuitively, just reactivate a sketch or feature to edit the value. This and assemblies are going to make this my primary used application.

1 Like

Thank you for the new material support and all look more realistic .

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the plywood edge to be available. I work with birch plywood, so I would be very happy with that!