Any feature ideas?

Would be great if there was a way to specify that all of the items in folders should be exported as individual files. I’d like to use folders to organize my designs, but I need each individual item as a separate file for printing. Thanks!

There is a button for that in the stl export menu.

1 Like

That only works one level down. If I have two folders, each with two items in them, exporting gives me two files, not four. I’d like to be able to get all four separately.

Thanks,
Randy

Ah, ok, so basically want to export each body separately. We will consider this, thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Paint selection mode.

Sticky selection.

Selection groups.

Custom background color.

Copy function that accepts number of copies + angle/translation inputs

A focused pivot editing function in the transform area.

Mute/delete all constraints button/function

I love what you and your team has done so far.

I bought the year long license and I look forward to using this all the time.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on this one?

1 Like

Hi Istvan

UMake has added sketch on 3d surfaces are you looking at this feature

Would be great to do this for more freedom of design and a simpler way.

Thanks Rob

No, we are not, because we think it doesn’t make too much sense. What would be the use-case for that?

A function where you can enter the pivots world space and orientation directly, as well as center pivot on selection.

Export/save selection…translate selection to world space coordinate (0,0,0).it would help me a great deal with larger assemblies.

Boolean operations update: keep/discard function on the intersect Boolean.

In order to chop an initial solid into several smaller bodies using the intersect Boolean function, we currently have to make several copies for every instance. It would be better and more efficient to have a Boolean—>divide command. The divide command would give the option of which bodies to discard and leave the rest there…which is great for dealing with buttons and vents, etc.

2 Likes

A) Array copy tool:

Rectangular, radial, spiral, random , etc.

B) Non proportional scaling tool:

C) non linear deformation tool on curves first, eventually evolving to non linear deformation on solids

D) smart continuos edge selection…making chamfers and fillets easier.

E) advanced fillet/radius function…variable width radii.

F) chip off solid tool: select adjacent faces that form a solid and “chip” it off.

4 Likes

A “select-through” feature that allows the user to specify the exact entity they’re trying to select (perhaps in a hard-press context menu) would be incredibly helpful.

1 Like

There are few technics that have been shown in the forum to split a shape or a volume. They are not very productive. My suggestion: include a special ‘splitting plane’ that could be used to split a shape or a volume. We need a splitting tool…

2 Likes

We totally do :slight_smile: Probably the way how we would implement it would be more general, and would allow splitting with any type of surface not only planes. :slight_smile:

Are there any update on an insert text tool? I want to emboss some text on a surface and drawing each glyph as a sketch is a bit annoying.

A checkpoints tree for exploring various design within the same file.

Make a base shape or sketch and then explore some mutually exclusive extensions, checkpoint them and then navigate between them without having to make a save and then copy that save file.

1 Like

No update - we don’t have it in our short/mid term roadmap. There is a user generated alphabet in the forum - that is the best work around i know.

We need at least 3 new features: a body selecting tool (instead of double tap which takes time), subfolder grouping (useful for big projects with lots of objects) and history of selection objects.
I get the most annoyed when I spend so much time selecting some shapes and if I miss or go back I lose the selection.

If there’s already something that does these features please tell me.
Thanks for the attention!

2 Likes

We have a solution for that, and it will be shipped soon (4-8 weeks) with many other selection improvements.

2 Likes