Any feature ideas?

Any chance of adding shadows?

I also would much like to be able to choose radius or diameter in circle, a small option box like there is now for Rectangle, Polygon etc

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the feedback. We have received similar feedback and I will also pass on your feedback to our product team. We will state it here on the forum when there is a set ETA for the deployment of this feature.
Thank you for your understanding!

Is it possible to make sketches by layers within the same plane either X, Z, Y?

1 Like

I vote for that. It seems very confusing how it works now. 1 sketch should be a layer when you create it IMHO.

@david.r
This may be of use:

https://discourse.shapr3d.com/t/how-to-move-a-sketch-into-a-different-folder/5732

I did understand that every sketch needs it’s own plane. But why did you choose this awkward method? Is it a limitation in the OS?

@4dxp
I can only assume that the S3D Team chose the best route to get the package up and running and will continue making improvements as fast as possible.
Meanwhile as a User Member, of this Forum, I usually find alternatives to circumnavigate features that are currently unavailable.

It is a great solution already. If something is that good on an iPad you might quickly expect too much?

Well, colleagues, I am going to rectify the comment I wrote earlier.
According to the tests I have been doing, if we make a sketch on the Y axis, then we rotate it 90 ° the sketch will automatically rename the new chosen plane (XZ). Now we make another sketch on the “Y” axis, the previous one is rotated again 90 °. We will see that we have two layers with two independent sketches, as you will see in the following image.

But why? Very simple, they are not at the same height. So Shapr3D recognizes that they are different layers of sketches, what happens if we align them all at the same height? Shapr3D interprets that it is the same layer / sketch and couples them.

In the same way you can use the construction plane by raising 1mm and create a new sketch for later use.

What is your opinion?

Greetings to all!

Keeping Subfolders When Copying
So as it is when copying, everything gets taken out of there original Folders
Might there be another way of selecting “the Folder” to be copied as a self contained Folder
This way the full structure is maintained!
As far as UI, maybe similar as the slide to the left on the Folder Name that reveals the Rename option
There could be another choice that shows “Copy Folder”
Thanks
Joseph

Yes it works like that. I still would prefer the classic way of a “+” sign to create a sketch asking for the plane. A list of available planes could pop up. It could be an additional setting in the menu to be activated.

• USDZ File export (or even view AR in app)
  • Array tool (yes we need this, the workaround with copy feature is often painfull when you have to calculate degrees etc etc yourself)
  • Sketch fillet (yes we need it. Fillet on the model is awsome, but sometimes you just really would like to fillet the sketch itself instead)
  • Selection tool ( Copoed from autocad explination:
  1. Drag from left to right to select all objects that are entirely enclosed in the selection rectangle or lasso (window selection ).
  2. Drag from right to left to select all objects that are crossed by the selection rectangle or lasso (crossing selection ).
1 Like

Yes, this would be great (same as in Rhino also)!

Philip

1 Like

Hi Shapr3D team,
First of all, as an ios dev I can only be really impressed by the quality of your work and what you’ve accomplished. I have been using your app as my primary tool for 3D printing for more than a year now, and it’s been overall a nice experience, but sometimes frustrating.
Frustrating for two main reasons:

• I don’t how one would call that functionality, maybe something like « stick tool ». There is already a question open on that subject, but I think this feature would deserve a new tool in the transform section. Basically it would work like so: you select two faces of any solid and once confirmed it sticks these two solids. So it would correct any angle you could have between the two faces and make them parallel by automatically applying a rotation to one of the solid. For me, this feature would be a game changer. Moving solids without having to use that painful translation tool, and than applying a rotation, and then moving the solid and then etc etc sight You pick two faces and done.
  • As said in previous posts of the thread, the ability to draw on a surface. That would be amazing. I often find myself redoing a huge draw because once projected on my solid, distances are not right. Technically speaking that’s must really difficult to develop, but eh, what would be life without challenges :wink:
  • I know this is not the subject of this thread but :man_shrugging:t2: : regressions/bugs. I understand this type of software must be really hard to unit test etc but as a user, this is really annoying to see bugs once fixed, coming back few months later. Like the one when I want to set the distance between two tiny lines of 5mm length, and the button to set that distance gets pushed few meters away, forcing me to zoom out for ever to rich it.
    Anyway, thanks again for making this great app, keep going !
3 Likes

Hi Romain,

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass it on to our product team.

As regards the described bug, it’s a camera-related issue and we already have a ticket for this.
Thanks for your understanding!

It was mentioned multiple times here since 2016 but it’s still not implemented:

The possibility to select multiple things with a dedicated tool. It should be adjustable to select edges, sketches or objects at least. Some things are extremely hard to model without this feature.

4 Likes

Integrated calculator in dimension tool would be super. It’s inconvenient to use separate calculator beside this app.

3 Likes
  1. Is there a plan to have more robust snapping options like adding intersection of line and edge of a face for instance. I find Shapr3D to struggle a lot with that. It will also be great to add the “coincidence” option like in solid works for both lines and solids. That will make alignment so much easier and also allow faster workflow.

2. Array tool to be able to quickly duplicate object and drawing following a set constraint. Let say I want to duplicate steps of a stair across an oblique line that is “X” ft tall or duplicate an object around a given path. Array will make people’s life so much easier and make shapr3D so much more powerful.

3. When I double click on a face, I want to the Cplane to remain in that position even when I rotate around until I double click on the cube to reset my Cplane to world view. That feature will be very welcome.

4. Being able to customize views including the default view.

5. Being able to export a given view in pdf or svg format (with line property). Ref. Make2D in rhino would be a good exemple

[Bonus] Minor but being able to set basic material property (like steel, aluminum, glass, plastic, gold, etc
)

Thank you!

Hello,

I am a new user of Shapr 3D. I would to ask about possibility of use of 3D splines. Is it already implemented, or if not, when will it be?

1 Like