Assemblies, parts.. to 2D drawings for manufacture

Good morning team:

I am an opto-mechanical engineer, that previously worked on Solid Works for many years, at an aerospace company in the UK.

I have been asked to support a company, designing telescope assemblies. (Not huge part count assemblies.)

I don’t have a current cad seat, and I’m not sure if a cloud based system will support me.

My needs in general will be:

• designing parts
  • to assembly state
  • all taken to 2d manufacturing drawings.
  • Ideally I want my parts/assemblies/drawings to live in folders on my MAC.
  • I would want to acces a library of standard parts, like screws, nuts, etc.
  • Will I be able to check for part interference in my assemblies.

Shapr3d on MAC, is it a more substantial package than on IPAD? I get the feeling if yes, that I would rather work primarily on a MAC, providing I can do all that I listed? (And then with my Ipad on the go, to support some changes.)

Before I start spending hours on a cad system, I need to make sure I can take our needs through towards a succesful manufactured build up assembly in front of us… in the board room!

Looking forward to your respopnse
Nico Boshoff

Hi Nico, Shapr3D is feature par across all platforms. You can download and get started with the Mac app for free: Download Shapr3D

Istvan,

Wow, that was a quick ‘response’ We are a dynamic company that is starting to grow at a fast! Pace… We can’t afford a package like Solid Works currently, and you know how it works… As soon as you design in any package, and you have a history of design, it’s difficult to change to new software, as time cost money, etc.

Also, we don’t want to start with a package, and find ourself down a rabbit hole, where we realise that we can do A & B, but can’t do X & Z.

This might be a long shot, but what is the chance we can have a half an hour zoom session with someone, before we embark on the enterpice package for our comapny.

Istvan, as you probably realise, we are a growing company, and are not hobbiests.
Here is our website!

https://www.chromar.co.za/

Looking forward to your response
Nico

100%, just submit a inquiry :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much Istvan,

I wwas waiting for my manager for a date on his side. He said I must set up a meeting just with myself.
I will do that for early next week. I just want to 1st play as much with the sofware, before I meet.

BUT FOR NOW, CAN YPOU PLEASE DIRECT ME TO THE BEST TUTORIAL, ON HOW TO HANDLE ASSEMBLIES, WITH VARIOUS PARTS, AND THEN TO DRAWINGS? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to your response
Nico