Be aware with large files

The app has a problem dealing with large and complex files (assembles)
Now I’m in impossibility to continue my work because when I’m trying to open the design (it takes about 2 min) at the end of loading the app quits unexpectedly.
I have to say that I have tried to load older files and the results are the same.
After two months of working everything is gone. That’s is unprofessional for such an app. A solution is to split the design in separate parts but what happens when you want an illustration with the whole design?
I also requested support but I wanted to share with everybody to be aware about this issue and not be disappointed
Here is my design (is half of the aircraft…the other half can’t be showed…the app can’t handle it)

1 Like

Perhaps you’re expecting a bit much from an iPad?

I have a beefed up computer running my Solidworks program and it still lags to accomplish tasks as in complex surfacing and large assemblies and such … it’s not a software issue as much as hardware trying to accomplish a task beyond the ability of the hardware…

No different than our brains … overload and the unexpected can occur…:sunglasses:

Mea culpa. We are aware that we have performance issues with large assemblies (1k+ parts), and it’s somethign we will address in the future.

In this specific case I believe the issue might be that you have hundreds of screws in the model, I guess even the threads are modeled? If that’s the case, it would explain why the model is not loading.

2 Likes

There are only holes (hundreds)but the problem is that I could load the model in the past but not now with the last version. I have tried to load older version of the design but the same problem.
Now I just want to recover my work and try to split the model in smaller files. I hope that your team can recover my files.

Hi, you can please extract the file using iTunes and then send it to us via support@shapr3d.com.
We will look into it and then get back to you as soon as possible:

1. Plug your iPad to your desktop, open iTunes.
  2. Click on the tablet icon on the top left
  3. Open the Shapr3D app from the list, also on the left.

Here is an Apple Support article with more information on this:

I have sent you a link with the files.
What I noticed is that is happening since last update

maybe it helps with the crash report
JetsamEvent-2020-06-26-234551.pdf (71.6 KB)

By the way setal2003,

Fantastic work!!! I hope it all works out for you!!!

Thank you,
I’m waiting a response from the Shapr3D team.

Unfortunately it does not work anymore for me.
I was thinking of some great projects to design like an aircraft without skin for 3D printing but not being able to do complex things is frustrating
The software is fantastic but limited and I’m telling you knowing all software on the market ( I have experience on Rhino,Cinema4d,Solidworks,Autocad) All of them are struggling with complex bodies but they do not stop working or are unable to load your design. If you have patience and wait you can finish your work. Here if the body is complex sometimes for a simple extrude the app quits or worse the app is unable to load it anymore.

The way you design in Shapr3D is so easy and fast…is portable, intuitive and easy to learn, I love it but I can’t use it to finish my projects…so frustrating…

Hi, I responded to your email. I keep an error message and I’m not able to download the file.

If you have the file, all should not be lost other than the time wasted trying to resolve the problem? Once resolved, you’ll have gained the knowledge and experience to deal with this issue.

I use Shapr3d daily. I think it’s a great program!! 98% of my designing, doodling, numbers and notes are now accomplished on my iPad. I save critical files from my iPad to my main computer and or laptops.

Like anything relatively new, there’s inevitably going to be some glitches. Timing is of course everything!!! :joy: Upgrades period can have a negative impact more often than folks might realize on programs or apps?

Stick with it!!! You will work through this temporary inconvenience!!

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.

2 Likes

:+1: of course…Im with it…until end I think will be a great app…

1 Like

Yes, I am in the same problem to work with this app. I have create the works that I think it not too big,but app very slow when I drag the object, and allway quit the app. The last this app don’t have important fungtion to draw.

Hi, please export the file in Shapr format and send it to us via support@shapr3d.com
We will look into the issue and then get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Now I use the free version.Not using the pro version,so can’t send the file I wrote to you. Must thank you for your interest in my promblem . With regrads.

Vichean in the Moon

เมื่อ พฤ. 9 ก.ค. 2020 เวลา 2:56 PM Nwandiogo Victor via Shapr3D forums <shapr3d@discoursemail.com> เขียนว่า:

Hi, okay, I see. Please simply send us an email and we would find a way to extract the file.

1 Like