Bend an object

Hey guys, I did a board and am trying to bend it as a whole, It is possible to do so without having to restart eveything?.. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi Maverick,
the short answer is: there is no feature for bending avaible in Shapr3D, yet.

A better answer may be:

• Make an Offset-Construction-Plane at the locatiion of the bending-line
  • split the part into 2 bodies
  • tilt one of the bodies at the corresponding edge by the angle you want to bend
  • Revolve the end-face by the bend-angle to close the gap
  • Make a union of the 3 bodies
  • now you can manipulate the outer radius of the bend and make a fillet at the inner edge to have the same thickness

But please be aware, that this procedure does not mind any bend-allowance at all.
HTH
Cheers Matt

3 Likes

Hi Matt, any update about the bend feature? I really like Shapr 3d and I think it would be perfect with this upgrade. Thanks

Hi Andrea,
sorry for the late response, but please keep in mind, that I am no member of the S3D-Team and I am just a regular guy that once worked in the CAD-Industy and who is not familiar with S3Ds Road-Map, so I can’t tell when what feature will be available.
Some S3D-Team-Members disliked when I gave humble assumptions about chances/odds for features to come reality, but if I where you, I would not expect something like this early. :wink:
Cheers Matt

I would like to thank you for your reply,:smile::smile:

So why don’t you do it, then! :wink:
Fun aside - How are you and how is your relationship to S3D going?
Mine is ambivalent - The S3D guys have huge plans… but I am not sure what is to be expected from that.
But as I use SolidWorks for my work, I can relax and watch the progress S3D makes.
Cheers Matt