Bialetti, my coffee maker

A new learning exercise :grin:!

8 Likes

My parents still use this :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, I hope your parents use the stainless steel one and not the aluminium one, because aluminium and coffee donā€™t mix well (coffee oxidises aluminium).

1 Like

Of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, itā€™s the real thing!
Fantastic work. Iā€™m also really glad to know Iā€™m not a ā€œweirdoā€ because I still use this model :rofl:

1 Like

Lovely work Marc. Youā€™ve made remarkable progress in such a short time.

Thank for your feedback. I like this software. Its ergonomics are contemporary. My students (stylist designer) will like it. I would like to get our school out of the use of Rhino3d which is too heavy in terms of understanding. In 6 months I need to be up to top! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: , at least for the basic exercises.

1 Like

Rhino definitely takes way too much time. Plus there are so many parameters, options, options within options, aliases, macros, shortcuts and stuff ā€¦ :exploding_head:
Itā€™s not ā€œall badā€ at all per se, but itā€™s quite heavy and the UIā€™s definitely not user-friendly.
I tried my best finding an engaging way to ā€œmake and maintainā€ students interested, not lowering their attention levels, but itā€™s all in vain. Even tweaking the UI layout by removing everything thatā€™s not necessary didnā€™t cut it.
Sorry, I just had to get this out of my chest, and it allows me to point out ā€œconceptual flawsā€ in traditional modeling software.
Shapr3D is a new paradigm in about every way, and the learning curve is a very quick one (itā€™s really easy to grasp, then to develop, and this forum is an incredible source of knowledge).
Still, Iā€™m curious about how my forum fellows use their software, but itā€™s not a good idea to bring up ā€œRhino versus Shapr3Dā€ techniques and uses here.
Just know that Iā€™d be more than happy to share and discuss about workflow and uses. Anyone up for that? Just send me a PM! :slightly_smiling_face:

@Loki I tried Rhino around 2009 and found it very hard to use. Iā€™d never used modelling software before but was very experienced with Photoshop and expected an easier ride with Rhino. I gave up on that and started learning Modo and Max and ZBrush at the same time. ZBrush was a hard one, but it allowed me to do just about any hard surface and organic project so I persevered with it and love it. The bridge to Keyshot was a great addition.
Nowadays I want to be able to do as much as I can on my iPad as I have limited time for hobby work. With Shapr3D, I can open it up on my iPad at the end of a journey and make progress on whatever project Iā€™m on. Shapr is so easy to learn at any age and is rock solid reliable, and we have a great user base on the forum and plenty of support staff to help us when we are scratching our heads in puzzlement over something or other.

Agree 100%.
Rhino is much too heavy for modern uses. Well, it was born in the 1980ā€™s and the kernel didnā€™t evolve/change, so Iā€™m afraid thereā€™s very few, if nothing to do against it.
Honestly, without plug-ins, itā€™s only a surface modeler.
I canā€™t say I hate it. Depends on what I have to do. For complex solids, itā€™s not a problem, but as for the rest ā€¦ you know how it works.
A decade with Rhino, then later 3DS Max + Unreal Engine 3, 4, then a new incredible addition to my workflow as UE 5 ( being a gamer myself, albeit casual, I realized the incredible potential it has ā€¦but you have to be fluent in C++). Itā€™s how Iā€™m working. I also use Cadmio and Scaniverse for ARā€¦
Whew. I know it sounds like an endless list, but I use what fits my needs. Since Iā€™m coming from drawing and painting, and since Shapr3D is bridging the drawing to prototype/ manufacturing fathomless gap, goes without saying that I use and abuse it, even though I have to admit I donā€™t fully master it right now. Talk about being rock solid. Itā€™s based on Siemens Parasolid, so that comes as no surprise!
3 P rule: Practice, Patience, Perseverance.
Congrats about ZBrush. Itā€™s a tough one, but worth it indeed. If youā€™re a bit into art and creating your own textures and environments, Iā€™d recommend Mandelbulb. Itā€™s mostly for fractal, but itā€™s possible to use it in many other ways.
Ramble-rumble-tumble. Seems like Iā€™m unable to write short posts!
In order To avoid any further clutter, we can go on via PM. If you want to develop, that is.