Boolean failed at substraction

Please provide a detailed description of the issue. Provide as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or screen recordings. For screen recording, we recommend using Loom (loom.com), an easy-to-use screen recording tool that works on Windows, iPadOS, and macOS. Loom videos can be easily embedded on the forum simply by pasting their URL. Topics without detailed information will be automatically closed. For subscription, billing, and licensing-related issues please open a support ticket using the link below. Please contribute to the community with meaningful, high-quality posts, and always use a respectful tone.

https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hello everyone,
I just got the app and learning it little by little.
I was following a guide on how to design a soy sauce bottle until I came across this problem. I must be doing something wrong but I don’t understand what exactly.
I was tying to subtract the top round plate and it was giving me that error.

Hi @Eugene,

Can you please share or upload the Shapr3D design?

Here,

Thanks for sending the link, but that is just a preview. Please send us the Shapr3D design, which would allow us to check if there are any intersections between the bodies for the boolean.

I saved the design on my IPad. When I try to attach to this message it says ‘New users cannot upload attachements.”

I just updated your user level, please upload the file

Thank you. Here you go:
Bottle.shapr (23.6 KB)

It seems you are right Eugene. The two parts definitely intersect, but neither will subtract from the other.

I tried Intersect as well, but that didn’t work either.

1 Like

I agree, the subtract failed.
While the Shapr3D tech are looking into it, here’s a quick workaround. Use Split Body.

1 Like

Yep, thank you

Good one Mike, well done :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the workaround @TigerMike

@Eugene, can you please confirm that you did this tutorial? We have to check this particular model in a bit more detail, please go with Mike’s workaround for this time

1 Like

I didn’t make that tutorial. I followed that tutorial to learn.