Subtraction Operation not working, boolean failed

Please provide a detailed description of the issue. Provide as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or screen recordings. For screen recording, we recommend using Loom (loom.com), an easy-to-use screen recording tool that works on Windows, iPadOS, and macOS. Loom videos can be easily embedded on the forum simply by pasting their URL. Topics without detailed information will be automatically closed. For subscription, billing, and licensing-related issues please open a support ticket using the link below. Please contribute to the community with meaningful, high-quality posts, and always use a respectful tone.

Hello i am working to edit a stl file to make it compatible with my own parts, by no means am i great with 3d modeling but i get by. i have done some subtractions already on the file to help get the fit to where i need it, but now when i am trying to put the finishing touches on the model i am constantly getting hit with boolean failed when trying to subtract from the stl model and help or ideas would be very much appreciated, thanks!

I circled the parts i am trying to remove in red, just want to even out the channels on both sides and open a little more room on the bottom part for a better fit.

P.S. I can upload the shaper model if anyone is interested, but as of right now it will not let me with a new account.

Hello BehrThe Don,

Yes, faced the same issues. You need to “experiment” with the subtraction. Sometimes the subtraction works great, but other time it’s a “pain”.

Take the subtract part and “play” with it. Sorry it’s kind of hard to explain, but you need to get it to agree to your subtraction. Maybe split the revolved part into parts, as an example.

Best…

Have you tried extruding the sketched shapes you want to remove into a “New body” and then subtracting?
Have you tried turning it off and back on again? :disguised_face: