Bug List

Thanks Andy, we’ll look into this right away.

Just fixed this. Thanks for reporting the issue.

Great. Many thanks. Andy

I’m also getting strange results from UNDO and also REDO. REDO will not always restore the previous state. Through a series of bad/unlucky UNDO/REDO operations it is possible to lose/delete/destroy your model permanently.

1 Like

Can you give us some details on this? What were you doing when you experienced the issue?

Awesome Update! I found a bug with the freeform surface tool.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7epPykNYUB-UGNwVFJRcHdsWWM/view?usp=sharing

That STEP file is the one I was playing with. If you use the freeform surface tool on the surface with the hole in it, the app crashes immediately.

Yeah, the freeform surface tool does not support faces with holes yet.

Hi there - new app is looking fantastic! Just spotted an anomoly with the grid and the coloured lines along the axes. If I click on the top down view using the view menu top right, then the red and blue axis lines line up correctly with the grid. If I draw a rectangle and extrude, and then double tap on the upper surface of the object, the top down view now has the coloured axis lines slightly offset from the grid lines - see pic below. Give it a go and see if it does the same for you. Not a big issue, but can be a bit of a distraction if you are modelling about a central line with a view to using the mirror tool. Many thanks. Andy

Just looking at this again, although I said the coloured axis lines are offset, in fact they are in the same place and it is the grid that seems to have moved!

yeah, that’s a known bug. if you double tap on a face, the grid will be aligned to the face, and not to the regular axis. How do you like the new sketching mechanism btw? :slight_smile:

Thanks for releasing this, I am an experienced 3D modeller, although not so much CAD. I am finding it quite easy to use, but have had a few issues as well:

• as my model got more complex, I had the screen freeze a few times, I needed to close and reopen the app;
  • I had the app just close once;
  • the undo function has issues, for example I moved an object, when I undo it puts the object back but leaves a copy where it was before;
  • I tried a Union function between a revolution object and a normal one and while it reported that it had worked, the pieces just disappeared from the viewport.

Allowing more workspaces and adding OBJ export would be of interest to many 3D modellers at a reduced cost, I am very against subscription models for apps in general. Thank you.

1 Like

I Also am Having this problem, The undo is acting up with the modeling operations. It seems to be having a hard time applying the undo operation after solid editing functions and reverts back to the related sketches. The process of design that cause this issue below:

Drew sketch, squares, arcs and so on. The boundary was highlighted in yellow. Extruded the boundary then applied fillets on all edges. Subtracted a simple square cutout using the subtract command. Tried to undo the subtract operation and noticed it was deleting the sketch lines that was drawn.

This issue came up frequently during similar instances(after using the loft command), if I wanted to redesign the model I had to start modeling again from the sketch. I found myself spending a lot of time remodeling due to the undo command not working properly.

1 Like

Having an issue with the freeform tool, did not seem to function well on a solid that had already had the freeform tool used on one of its surfaces. Works good on a fresh model with untouched surfaces, but once I tried to edit the freeform shape or draw another freeform sketch the program did not allow me to do this. I could hear the sound of the sketch tool but it would not apply the sketch lines to the surface. it didn’t seem to matter if it was a fresh surface or not.

Program was crashing if I tried to use the transform tool to copy a sketch that included a boundary. As soon as I selected to the Copy option to YES the App would crash and I lost everything I was working on. It seemed to copy fine if I did not select copy to YES, which was confusing to me. So something is funky this should be looked at. Or if I was doing something wrong to copy a sketch and select the option YES to copy, there should be a safety built in that does not allow you to do this and crash the program. Also is there a Quick save feature that I missed that I can hit prior to trying and operations like this?

Hi Phil,

• Yes, we are aware of the crashes and hangs, and working very hard to get rid of them. The next release will be much more stable.
  • We also had reports on the issues regarding undo, we are working on this.
  • If you experience any issues regarding the tools, let us report them, usually screenshots, or .SHAPR exports can be very helpful for diagnosing those problems
  • OBJ export will be considered, however STL basically in this case does the same

Thanks for the bugreports, we are going to look into these, and fix them in the next few days. These bugreports are more than useful, keep us posted, we are eager to fix all the problems you have with the app.

Can you make a screenshot of these freeform surface issues? That would be very helpful.

Thanks for the reply - I found away to convert STL into something that I can use - use the 3D printing plugin in Zbrush to import, I can then save it as an OBJ. I can also remesh it there too.

1 Like

I have the undo and redo bug issue too. I created a simple box and I am manupulating different sections to make it into a simple house. Adding Windows and doors and the a foundation. If I hit undo it deletes a window instead of the foundation. Then if I push pull the foundation and then click undo it still deletes the window it’s like it’s not aware of me even creating a foundation.