Center arc

The problem that this feature will solve:
Concentric arcs being difficult to make at a defined center endpoint.

Attempting to make the 90 degree arc concentric around a 10mm diameter circle

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:
This feature should enable me to add one endpoint as a center, the second endpoint for the arc radius distance, and the third endpoint for revolving about the center endpoint either clockwise or counterclockwise. The feature should also enable me to toggle the property of the arc to either make its sector area form the arc or subtract a portion of the total circumference. Replacing the arithmetic sign (+/-) button with the toggle button on the arc angle dimension calculator would be nice. Also, moving the 3 point arc and the center arc features into an options menu below the arc tool is a good start.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?
This is actually an impedance issue. I was practicing making complex 3d bodies through the Shapr3D tutorials earlier today, and I decided to play around with the sketch plane for a bit. I noticed that I couldn’t make a arc that shared the same center of a circle. I had to awkwardly use the 3 point arc tool and try to be precise in reaching the center endpoint. And then I had to type in 90 degrees exactly on the dimension calculator for angle to make sure the arc was fully concentric. After comparing features of Shapr3D and Autodesk Fusion 360, I saw that Fusion 360 has the center arc tool already. The center arc is a feature I believe should be a standard tool instead of just a 3 point arc.

One option is to create a circle and then use the Trim tool to get rid of the unwanted arcs.

Use the concentric constraint tool , then can adjust the radius or the angle

1 Like