Coordinate/value not in window?

Why on earth would it not be centered in view, not centered on item or where on taps?
When editing one has to zoom out to find it!

1 Like

Hi @Svenito this has been recently fixed and the update will be released soon.

3 Likes

Fantastic Victor, you are building a nice product slowly but steadfastly.
I hope to see many improvements as you seem to respond flawlessly to ideas. Thnx

P.s. Now, what Rhino offers in terms of creating in a 3d cross-window/views on a construction plane level is what impressed me with their product. Just move from one view to the other and set/construct according to view you’re in. Construction plane being 2-dimentional from where I highlighted constraint in previous window, you know what I mean. I.e view coordinates, right? Change view and retain position plus construction plane, impressive feature in my view.

1 Like

Victor, why do I not see an angle value on construction axis when I highlight?

Hi @Svenito it’s only possible to display the angle on the workspace between two selected perpendicular sketch elements (lines, splines, or arcs).
This is not the case for the construction axis.

Still it would come handy. It can’t be relative to any of xyz?

Weekend warriors I see, nice devotion! :+1:

Sweet job, nice fix!

Just one more thing as I’m on it right now.
Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to annotate/doodle. It’ld be sweet to print out an idea, as for investment/-ors purposes or have it mailed with annotations for reviews

I do use the built-in Image capture, then edit the photo on the iPad, using the iPad’s drawing tool (within the photo edit function), allowing all kinds of annotations.

I was thinking of not “bootin” around the p’uter to lay annotations/comments

Yes, I get your point, and agree.

As far as I can see the Transform guide is still not in the window, being still centered outside of view on my long item.

Two other questions? Please! :nerd_face:

Why is the translate value box, maybe others as well, right in the middle on top of, covering, translate snap points? Impossible to see without zooming.

Secondly, compared(again) to Rhino the snap feature is just horrible. Why not highlight for instance 2 intersecting curves when translating without the cursor wobbling all over the place, snapping properly at vert./perpendicular/ortho bla blablaa. I’m having often no clue of what is going on. Rhinos way of maintaining and dropping a snap point is simply oustanding, the smarttrack feature.

Hi Svenito,

If you select the bodies to translate and tap Next, you can select the start and end points anywhere. If you move those points to some possible snapping locations (like an endpoint or intersection) and stay there with the pencil, it will show what snap is being used to grab your point - kinda like in Rhino. If you need to snap to some more specific points, try to create some sketches to guide those snaps. It is not exactly the SmartTrack you are missing, but can be really helpful :slight_smile:

Did I get your point?

Peter

1 Like

I am aware of all that thank you. Shapr is a nice product but …

I give up again.
Editing object, whatever I should call it, ends up centered on a long beam? Nah, I don’t have time to play hide n seek.

Hi @Svenito please can you upload a short screen recording to help us better understand the issue.
You can long-press on an object and then tap on Zoom-to to zoom to that particular object.

Victor, a good product is a product out of customers views created.

Take for instance if you pick a surface to work with, you highlight it. Then you need a tool, you pick from a menu. So…then you decide you want to change to another tool instead but remain with your choice of surface. Now, what do you do? A new user would automatically think you can just change by tapping an alternative.
Or,…as I mentioned, if you highlight an item, such as a long girder/beam/line as a choice to move or copy. Then you have to zoom out to find the origin indicator, which is now/currently at the mid-point, seemingly by default, of the girder and place it. No, that’s not how I want to exercise my eyes and attention span. Eyes move around enough as is, a relaxed brain is a ready brain.
Origin should always be where you tap or highlight a snap point, if not indicated by an active choice prior to this.

Another question;

How do you cut a couple dozen items down to a surface of choice(i.e. length)?
Or…translate to the x, y or z-value of a surface.

P.s. I used Replace face, and guess that if it is many items it is nothing less than choosing each surface or delete, replace and copy all over.

By the way, I think replace face is an outstanding feature.

The transform guide is positioned to the center of mass of the object and independent from the current view. This is an intentional decision, because for regular shapes the expected center of rotation is most often the center of mass. Moving the gizmo to the view automatically could lead to all kind of confusing situations, eg. when the gizmo is moved just a little bit, and the user thinks that it’s in the center of mass, but it’s not.