Coordinate/value not in window?

Shapr3D does not support surface modeling today. We are focusing on solid modeling at the moment.

Not talking surface modeling. Surface of solid as a reference, so far the Replace surface seems to be the tool to use. Does Replace surface move object axially/perpendicularly alone?

Does Translate work in the same way? Difference?
One point here is that “Face center” appears on initial input in this command, but I did see nothing saying the same on target just the point showing. Trying to move a triangular solid to a center point on a round columms top shows no snap point unless it is a circle or a square(i.e. faces). This is where I lack proper snap point capacity unfortunately.

Is it possible to enhance Move/Rotate to incorporate the Translate command? I.e. Translate an object point to point, snap point oriented (preferably also improved), in same command.

Sorry about all editing but need to keep you from misunderstanding my ideas. :wink:

Have you tried the new align tool? New release - 3.52 - Align tool

Nice with your frequent improvments, but why does Align flip my object 180?
Make a triangle and a cylinder, grab triangle and attach to the only snap, center point. You’ll find it flipped the triangle.

Align always tries to minimize rotation. If the orientation is not what you expect, then there is a button to flip it.

Ok, good answer, I just did ot see the flip button at first.

I’m playing around casually with it now moving floor beams and joists and it seems to appeal to my liking here, nice job! :+1:

P.s. Either you’ve identified this prior to my concerns or I feel that you must be super fast with implementations upon requests such as mine here. LOL

A very efficient tool Align, thank you! Nice!

Now, why is it that I get a value when tapping one surface but not on the other? Like if I want to change from a 2 by 4 to a 2 by 5.

Hey - can you please upload a picture - that would help us understand the problem better.

Both are simple offset command requests but still not the same outcome as u can see. Is it parametrically or nurb we’re talking here?

In the top pic you only have one selected, on the bottom one, you have both. If you modify them one-by-one, you should see the height. Hope this helps

Incorrect sir, the bottom pic is just for reference as to what shows up. If I only pick one it still shows what you see.
It indicates somehow to me that once I have changed a surface/face the parametric value disappears, could that be the case?

I.e., once I have tapped and stretched/offset a face on an object it would disappear. Is that what happens?

Meaning, is it sketch driven? Once out of original parameter(altered) it disappears?!

No, it’s not connected to the sketches. It depends if there is a parallel face on the other side (of which we can calculate the distance from) - See pics attached

Would have to see the file to understand the problem

Would it also improve the product if you’ld limit the tolerance range?
I mean, it is not necessary to “cut” a piece of wood with a thousands precision. :slight_smile:

So, it could instead have to do with tolerance maybe then. If you limit would it appear? My faces is as far as I’ve drawn them parallel. However I’ve seen that moving around objects can change their tolerance from let’s say 495mm to 494.992.
I see no need to look at file, it would be easy to replicate the problem as I’ve seen it often. I do initially when trying/exercising a new product delete files often as I see problems, this to learn the products sensibility to miniscule file changes/alterations hidden. Delete and replicate is a good tool to use to see if it re-appears.
Understood being that as this product is still under development as I see it, where I try to make my input possibly helpful, I need to understand it’s full limitations.
I have communicated with Onshape as well the need to present foremost a product such as these and their limitations instead of their ability. Once I invest in something I do not want to see a future of updating and tiring problematics, Windows being an example. 26 years later Windows is still basically the same product leaving ample room for alternatives. :slight_smile:

1 Like