iPad - 3.52 - Align tool

Good morning, everyone!

We’re introducing our brand-spanking new Align tool: with this new feature, you can align 3D bodies in your design space in a split second, without juggling a handful of other tools (like Translate). With very little effort, you can transform and rearrange objects any way you want.

Align is simple and smart. Just select the faces, edges, or snap points of 3D objects that you want to align, and the tool will take care of the rest for you.
Once you’ve repositioned the 3D bodies, you can still make some changes and reorient them:

Download the latest version of the app to play around with the Align tool. And if you need any pointers on how to use this tool, hop over to our support post.

14 Likes

Nice to see progress. Will check it out. Thanks

Best,

Tommy

3 Likes

@Miharu_Shapr3D
Thank you for this really excellent Tool.
Who needs Translate:

Just 10 steps:

5 Likes

For me very important the translate tool for align 2d sketches!
I use it for align in special tangent points.

@JST
Sorry for causing you concern, because the New Align Tool only functions with Bodies I was thinking purely about Bodies and still on a high from using this exciting new tool.

I think that it is highly unlikely that the Shapr3D Team would make any disruptive changes to the Translate Tool. When multiple fastenings need to be positioned in a Body it seems Translate may still be the tool of choice?

This is cool!
Was expecting a feature like this!

4 Likes

Awesome implementation! Thanks for listening!

4 Likes

Thank you so much Miharu and Shapr3d team!!! :partying_face: :hugs:
This is the closest to the professional Mating functions of the big CAD programs I’ve ever hoped we could get, so HUGE thanks for this incredibly helpful tool, it will really help getting parts into a complete assembly. Hats off to all of you! :clap: :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

A bit off topic. But how do you record where the pencil taps?
Is it’s just overlayed when you edit the video or is it something you can turn on when screen recording?

1 Like

Go to your iPad Settings and select Shapr3D. There you will see Tutorial Mode. Turn it on, exit and remove Shapr3D from the background (reboot Shapr3D so to speak). Start Shapr3D and there you will see the pencil, and, red dots show finger pan/zoom placement as well. Reverse instructions to go back to normal use.

-Mike

1 Like