Cut list add on

I would not use any other modelling program if this feature was implemented. Really hoping this becomes reality.

3 Likes

Wait. What?! I just spent three days learning Shapr3D and it canā€™t generate a cutlist? Is this only for 3D printing?

The App is super easy to learn, but totally useless for wood woking without a cut-list feature. Back to sketch-up and Fusion360. Donā€™t waste your time with Shapr3D, if you have to become proficient with something that can actually get you from design to buildā€¦

2 Likes

Hi @herzogjer, I understand that a cutlist feature is important for you. Shapr3D has a wide range of manufacturing applications beyond 3D printing, eg. you can create 2D drawings, or export to STEP or X_T formats that can be imported by every manufacturing and design software. We do not have a cutlist feature at the moment.

A cut list is a very industry specific feature. Shapr3D is used for many different industries and types of work. There are still quite a few shared features that have not yet made it in that I would imagine take priority over this for the time being.

Just be patient. I donā€™t think anyone has ever said theyā€™re opposed to adding it, itā€™s just not a hugely translatable feature for all users right now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Istvan thanks for the update. Great App all round. The basic capability to take a 3D model and orient all components onto a flat sheet, (I know this can be done manually, but that is painful) for cutting or CNC milling, and then the ability export that a CSV cut-list is the biggest feature missing.

I hope this gets added soon,

1 Like

Has anyone tried to export the model to Sketchup (or another tool) and use that to generate the cutlist?

I just created an account to Add to this thread. I was going to start using Shapr3d again for my wood working projects however after realizing that Cut lists or takeoffs arenā€™t available still this will prevent me from using the software. I hope this getā€™s added because itā€™s a great opportunity for Shapr3d.

Everything you said is right, iā€™m also a woodworker and this is something use all the time. Itā€™s as requirement needed in our production, to relay the workload to my staff. Without these, shaper3d is losing something. Thereā€™s huge woodworking community, that is specifically looking for these features.

Sound cool. I am interested in how that would work in an app like S3D. Is each cut a folder, or is it a table where you track it yourself or something else?

The reason I ask is when I was building my deck and laying the patio, I drew the standard stock size boards or standard stock sized pavers in Shapr3D and laid them out to figure out. It turned out to be almost exactly how many paver and how many of each size deck boards I needed. It was tedious but pretty accurate. (I canā€™t find my deck board drawing but this is what the paver one looked like)

I am very interested in if there is an easier way to do this next time.

I agree and think there are many woodworkers that would love both cutlist, woodgrain movment, wood end.

Please consider this implementation

Hi sbb,

Late response, sorry. Just saw your post.

Yes, we have. I sent a file over to ViaCad Pro and made a simple cultist. Then used that to create a .csv file.

Wasnā€™t to much work.

Best,
CJ

I love Shapr3D and have paid subscription to it but there are features that are still missing to be considered serious CAD program for design and manufacturing. Cut list is definitely one of these features.

2 Likes

I use Sharp3D for many purposes, and also woodworking. A cutlist is definitely missing either as an export in CSV or better, as an integrated engine to plan the cuts and the wood to purchase.

1 Like

Cut2d and vcarve both can take dxf files and do 2d true shape nesting. shapr3d already allows dxf export.

Cut-list would be a game changer for shapr3D. My work around is simply create a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the top view. Then I simply duplicate my model and move or rotate any objects to fit the 4x8 sheet. Since the plywood is model, you can select all the objects and draft your cut list with measurements.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea Casper :+1:

1 Like

+1 on the cut list feature
As a long time user of shapr I would love to see this happen

1 Like

I found shaper3d when I was looking for simple and practical software for woodworking projects. I was very pleased initially, but without a cut list Iā€™m being limited. My next step would be to subscribe to the pro version, but after reading this thread and seeing that we wonā€™t have a cut list anytime soon, Iā€™m getting ready to migrate to sketchup

Been really enjoying the program. Not being able to generate a cutlist is definitely disappointing. Any updates on when this will be implemented ?

thank you for sharing thisā€¦
NCEDCloud login