Deleting all sketch planes in an imported file for export to step file

Hello,

Lately when importing parasolid files from clients, I’m coming across great amounts of sketch planes in the file. When I delete them it doesn’t seem to delete the planes because instead they have been imported to the general folder as for instance “imported 2038”. These have become quite annoying as they are not part of the CAD I need but instead what someone used to create another part. They are always teal blue in color which helps to find them. I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong on importing, or if theres a way to select all of these and delete them? So that when I export to a step file to import into C4D they are not included and I have to do more work to delete them as meshes.

Any help is appreciated…

thanks

Hello, can you please clarify what file format you refer to? Currently, the only supported file format for importing sketches with 3D designs is .shapr. Please try to select those from the Items menu and delete them.

Additionally, could you share your design and a few screenshots with us at https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new? We’d appreciate it, thanks!

Ok so maybe I’m doing something wrong. When I open a parasolid file ( x_t) it actually says “updating the sketch planes” so that seems odd if it’s not supposed to. It processes the file and in the side bar are usually quite a few sketch planes, sometimes 100 plus. If I delete them there are still blue planes in the file that don’t belong to the cad that look like they were used to build the model.

Why is this? Can I somehow import without these planes? I need to export to stp file without any of this extra matter as it’s not really part of the cad.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 5.54.44 AM