Double-clicking to repeat operations like extrude or offset

I would like to request a feature that is found in SketchUp…when you extrude a surface, if you double-tap on the next surface, it extrudes it the same amount. Double-tapping on subsequent surfaces also extrudes them the same amount. This also works with other operations such as Offset.

The problem that this feature will solve:

This is a feature that is available in other CAD applications, and will increase efficiency. Since Shapr3D doesn’t utilize “components” like SketchUp, with a change to one component updating all instances, being able to automate repeated operations would be helpful.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

It is really nice for working efficiently with multiple items, like cabinet doors, adding windows to architectural drawings.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

I actually switch back over to SketchUp if I need to extrude multiple items. I do not usually use Shapr3D for this. So yes, a workflow blocker. Especially if I’m designing pergolas, kitchen cabinets.

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?

Here’s an example from another thread, where user @Jonas was making a marquetry pattern. If Shapr3D had the ability to extrude multiple surfaces by double-clicking, this would have been very easy. Components would have also been very beneficial. Each section had to be extruded manually, and wood pattern applied individually.

1 Like

Yes that would be a great feature.
What i did was klick on each part that was going to have the same color and then extruded them

Here is a example on how i did.
Frustrating in the picture is that i had to unmark every one to see where i mistakedly had hit checked a line also.

So a way to make this easier would be nice.

This use case will be solved by History Based Parametric Modeling, where you will set a parameter, and use it for all the operations you would like to have the same value.

Also, even right now, you can select all the faces (area selection is very useful here) you want to extrude, and do it once, together.

2 Likes