Drag feature to pan from 2D into 3D is very glitchy / view changes have no bearing

Having an issue on the new 2018 iPad pro with smooth 2D-to-3D & FOV changes. I uploaded a video of my issue. It’s pretty erratic and jarring for a person’s workflow… So let’s say I’m looking at an object adequately in the environment, then I drag a finger to move from 2D to 3D …and it zooms very far out. This happens 9/10 times. I close all other apps and it still does this.

I also find it very annoying to have a front view ‘dialed’ for work and then when I want to see the equivalent of this view I’m working on in the right elevation or left elevation… it sends me to outer space.

Are these bugs? Haven’t seen any forum literature addressing this…

Thanks

and also: what’s the point of limiting a screenshot vid to 10mb? Everyone who responds with suggestions always asks for videos…so 10mb is the limit? That’s basically a single image! I have to literally dilute them to claymation to get it to fit the requirement. Maybe the last vid I’ll post unless you guys can have the website do the truncating work…

If by 2D, you mean one of the orthogonal views, why not just click, Top, Bottom, etc? And then zoom/reposition…

Best,

Tommy

The video explains the issue. It doesn’t track and pivot closely to where I’m viewing/working. Clearly an issue (on my version at least).

And, I do click top, bottom, etc. but it redirects to blank areas of the canvas. Hence why I created the post. Problems that need to be addressed.

You shouldn’t need to zoom and reposition upon changing the view, especially from 4 miles out. It should reflect the point of where you left X work view. Unacceptable to spend 40% of your time dragging, zooming & repositioning. I’d certainly never pay a monthly subscription for an issue like this.

If you make a feature to drag a finger to project a 3D view of the workspace, then, please, capture the workspace from point-blank of where I was, not in the nose-bleed section. Thank You

1 Like

I remember reading posts on this issue. You might search the forums for a solution. Sorry I don’t remember more except that you may need to move your fingers closer to the piece when moving the view. You can do videos that show the pencil and finger positions. This would show the problem.

Best,

Tommy

no worries. I’ve reached a stopping point with Shapr3D. It’s not my cup of tea. Hopefully they work on this thing, like the UI but using this this app is like trying to bend plywood without steam.

I agree 100 %.

Philip

Hmm, perhaps not quite, but I see what you mean…

Philip

As I mentioned in the other topic, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused, and we will fix these issues asap.

1 Like

yea it was a late night last night. I take that back. My apologies. It is a cool app. Tons of potential

thanks. Sent you a PM. Cheers