Draws on object instead selected plane. Bug?

I have an object and would like to create a new object on it. I add offset plane and select it and draw a rectangle on the plane. The rectangle however is drawn on the object, not the selected plain. If I move the construction plane it is empty. Bug or is it me?

As I can understand sketches not connected to planes. They just use plane as a start position. So if you want to move sketch you have to move sketch and not the plane.

As in your video you selected the construction plane and drew a sketch. Why was it not drawn on the construction plane? I mean you selected it indicating you want to sketch on it? Instead it was sketched on the object. For me that’s wrong. If I want to sketch on the object I select the object and then draw that line.
But ok I understand sketches are not connected to planes. I think they should be if drawn on them. Would make things easier.

It is not. You can hide or even delete object and try to sketch on the plane you still get the same result sketch stays there it is then you move the plane.

As I said plain just a start position for sketching nothing more. You even can delete the plane but sketch will stay.

You will use objects face as a start position for the sketch instead of plane but they won’t be connected together.

got it, sketches are not attached to anything

1 Like