Everything I make is non manifold and prints with holes even after running it through repair software. I am using the pro version

Everything I make is non manifold and prints with holes even after running it through repair software. I am using the pro version. image

Yes unfortunately the latest update has some serious issues on its STL exports. Also on STEP but much less than STL.

We haven’t changed anything in STL exports. @JDUB1 please send the workspace to support@shapr3d.com

Also, what software is giving you errors, and what repair technooogy did you use?

for me, I used FreeCad and also FreeForm Plus. Previously all STLs used to work quite properly after importing into those, but this time it can’t even be opened. Both don’t recognize it. After converting STEP file into STL I used non-manifolds repairs, fill holes, self-intersections and etc.

Furthermore, I was not successful to repair the file since it had more than 67000 self-intersections which led to
crashing the repair software.

Can you share the problematic workspace with the support team? We would like to take a look. Literally nothing has changed in the STL export for a year. What settings are you using? And what software gave you the errors?

I sent it I think two or three days ago to the support team, Daniel should be aware of that.

Yes - it’s already in our backlog

1 Like

Slicing with built in repair slic3r, cura, and pre slice with meshmixer which takes hours. I have tried exporting with low, high and custom file sizes and use ascii and binary. the stuff i’m working with is fairly small. errors seem to occur most often when the area is thin and steps to a thicker section. Either way I canceled my sub. I would be happy to continue to use it and give detailed feedback if I could get comped on the pro version.