Grouping things in a sketch, or multiple sketches per plane

I routinely need to draw multiple things on the same plane. As far as I can tell, there’s no way to have two sketch planes that are coplaner. Eg, if I have a XY sketch plane at z=0, I can’t have another with separate lines. I’ve seen some people suggest making a construction plane and offsetting by a very small amount but that’s messy.

So what would be REALLY helpful is a way to group lines. I often will draw a reference object, let’s say a bearing, and then design a mount around it. So now both the bearing’s lines and my mount lines are in the same sketch. Now I want to do something with just my mount and not include the bearing. Selecting is now a nightmare vs a simple drag select and then deselect the bearing group.

It’s trivial in this case but reference objects can get complex with lots of lines and segments I need to constantly deselect. What’s even more crazy, even if a line is locked, it’s still fully selectable in a bounding box selection… ugh.

So now I have my mount and I want to design another part that butts up against it. If I don’t have a way to group the original, I need to make a copy and move it off to the side so I don’t accidentally break my original drawing.

So I either need a way to make selection sets, groups or multiple coplanar sketch planes. The later would be nice so I can actually label my planes and know what’s on them.

This is how it works already in the parametric beta.