Helix

I just found out that starting a spline on a circular surface created a helix, is that a feature that is intended? if it is, it would be nice to be able to control it (for thread or springs)

1 Like

it is a feature that you can sketch on non-planar surfaces, and a linear curve on a cylindrical surface results a helix. But for better control I would prefer to add a helix tool. We plan to add 3d curve tools anyway, like 3d splines, and adding a helix tool would be reasonable as well. What do you think?

2 Likes

A dedicated tool for creating helixes is defently a good idea.
And thanks for creating this exellent app, it is already a desent tool and I am sure that it is going to be even better once the bugs are “sprayed”.

1 Like

We are working on it :slight_smile: We will release a new version on Friday with gazillion bugfixes.

2 Likes

:relaxed: Cant wait.

1 Like

It is a MUST please!
We are going to design stents for cerebral arteries which are interwoven and helical in their nature.

1 Like

Can’t wait for a Helix tool! In the meantime, what’s the best way (or is there a way) to design a shape that has a helix shape, i.e. from a non-planar surface?

The way I did was to create a spline around a cylinder, use it as axis; then draw a surface perpendicular to one end of the spline axis and use the Sweep tool

1 Like