Issues while creatin 2D Drawings

Hi Everybody. I’m deeply struggling with the 2D Drawing function new in Shapr3D It works in my case not proper and maybe I’ll found people here struggling with same issues.

1. It is currently NOT possible to remove the sheet where the part is fixed. This brings huge issues once you like to tranfer DXF to a G-Code compiler. Will it be possible in the future to switch of the sheet to have ONLY the drawingß
  2. if I do export the drawing to DXF or even to DWG the drawings are overlapping all! Mean: I have the drawed parts all at on point underneath the sheet. I opened the drawing I made by several CAD Systems even
  3. It is impossible to make a Ø sign in front of a part which is round, which due to 2D it looks flat.
  4. It is impossible to change diamater inside the 2D Drawing. Or to add tolerances to the value.

Are this points are alos an issue for other user here in Shapr3D Forum?
Regrds
Lorenz

1 Like

I create sketches as patterns for fabric and other materials that I cut with a laser cutter and I export my sketches as dxf, not the drawing

//L

Hi @Lorenz

Regarding (1) Do you mean disabling the border and title block or something else?

Regarding (2) which tool are you importing to? In most of the packages I am familiar with, importing a DWG or DXF gives you the choice between importing it as a sketch or as a drawing. Selecting the former will often result in overlapping views while the latter should result in a drawing with the same layout.

Regarding (3), noted and something we will improve, same for tolerances.

What do you mean by changing diameter inside the 2D drawing? Do you mean changing the drawing and syncing that back to the model, or switching between radius to diameter, or something else?

I would love to be able to disable the title block and/or border!

Also the ability for greater title block customization. The fields could be editable and removable.

Not every project requires the same info. Some don’t need a title block at all. Some don’t need a border.

The drawings are great. Looking forward to continuing improvements.

1 Like

[quote=“Seb_Shapr3D, post:3, topic:11959”]
Regarding (1) Do you mean disabling the border and title block or something else?

Yes. I meant to switch of all of them. In some cases the border disturb the process. Even I like to import the drawing only, border and block with informations are not helpfully at all!

Regarding (2) which tool are you importing to? In most of the packages I am familiar with, importing a DWG or DXF gives you the choice between importing it as a sketch or as a drawing. Selecting the former will often result in overlapping views while the latter should result in a drawing with the same layout.

Please do a DXF Export from a simple 3 d Drawing of Shapr3D and then import it again by Shapr3D! Then you see the conclusion. You see also in Shapr the overlapped draws all at the same point. Please check it out. Eeven I found dots in the exported DXF or DWG Files I have no idea what is the reason for that

Regarding (3), noted and something we will improve, same for tolerances.

This is really important in case to clarify the tolerances of diameter!

What do you mean by changing diameter inside the 2D drawing? Do you mean changing the drawing and syncing that back to the model, or switching between radius to diameter, or something else?

No. I meant: In case there is a length for example 25.98mm to chnage in 26mm. Sometimes the Diameter or length of the part is meant max. length. Example: If I open a stp file from a supllier they made the length in exact dimension of 25.98mm, but it could be that the length within tolerance is allowed to have a maximum of example max 27 mm
[/quote]
Thank you for reply and interesting in my thread.
Best regards
Lorenz
By the way: Im really chocked about the new price policy! Euro 499 is frankly speaking a unacceptable high price. 250 Euro was even a lot, but 499?

Yes this is something I’ve come across.
In a conversation with Istvan I tried to explain that sometimes we need to be able to alter the text in a dimension. Especially with curves.

A second point is that it is impossible to give a dimension between 2 points if one or both are compound curves. This is because compound curves do not allow the endpoints to connect in 2D.

If you export DXF you have the frame border and even the block! You can test it by ESTCLAM software or DXF2GCODE Freeware Software. Or my software do other things then yours!

Hi @Seb
One question:
Have you menawhile create a drawing, made en export to DXF, and re-import the created DXF by Shapr3D?
Unfortuantely I can’t set up an screen capture at this forum. I guess you should make it feasible to have pics inside the thread to show the issue.
The issue of overlapping drawing is still there.
I mean: it should be feasible to open the files with that program I have used to create the file.

Hi Lorenz,

what i mean is that there is an export function in shapr3d outside drawing mode, where only your sketch is exported as dxf,

//R

3 Likes

Hi @Robert
Thank you for the kind reply.
This does not work, due to I have imported a STP File and I didn’t make a 2D Drawing from where I create the 3D Design
From this STP File I have exported an DXF File.
Then I like to rework this DXF File in a simple 2 D CAD Programm like the TERNADO I use.
So I created from a STP File of a small motor a DXF File with 3 views for example :

This DXF File I relaod by SHAPR3D.
What I get is not what I expect!

And it is impossible to seperate thos otors by different layers in Shapr3D.

Hey! We are aware of this problem, and already working on the fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello @Koko_Shapr3D
Thank you for reply. So you made the same test and found that issue too?
Thanks.
Lorenz

@Koko_Shapr3D
@Seb
By the way:
there is another issue I discover. Please check the picture.
As I do understand in 2D the drawing should only show lines we can see by a natural glance at the object.
For Example: I have a look at the front of Motor, so the red Area:

If I make a DXF-File the drawing shows alos the “normaly” hided lines.
Example:
Front view as PDF = OK

Now the drawing as DXF File:
All layers are shown in that DXF File Front View:

To clean up such drawing from all lines are a tricky work.
Thank you.
Regards Lorenz

Yes, we fix all of those issues, and the imported DXF will be the same as in PDF.

3 Likes

Hey Koko… such great news close to weekend?
Thank you.

Tolerances are here!

1 Like