Let’s talk about the new pricing

Off topic but wow, wicked cool doors.

Indeed, amazing. :slight_smile:

To be clear, will soon to be graduates who were on the pro plan have the option of being grandfathered into the business tier at the old pro price? Thanks

Hello,

sadly I was so surprised and shocked about the new Business-Subscription Price, that I canceled my old Pro Subscription just one hour ago. I didnt know that I would have kept the old price but would have the new possibilities of the business plan. Would I have understand this, I would have stayed in the old subscription. Maybe you write this on the cancellation page in a way that non-english natives better understand. Or maybe I didnt understand it as my english isn`t that good. Or at least not good enough to not see the possible use to keep the old subscription.

After May 2021 I don`t know what I will do. I think of getting into Blender and sketchup again. It is Open-Source, not as easy to use as this great program, but at least Blender ist zero fees.
I am not a business, just someone wanting to learn 3d for woodwork and 3D printing. I needed the export of 2D files to easily print out a 2d drawing for my woodworking.

Thanks for this great opportunity to get in to 3d, easily. At least until 21.05.2021.
Jan

You can still reactivate it and stay on the old price.

Hi Istvan,
thanks for your very fast reply. How can I reactivate?
Thanks
Jan

If I log into my account an click on my subscription there is no option to reactivate.

The same way how you canceled it. If you had an App Store subscription, then in your iOS settings, if you bought the subscription on the website, then on our website.

Hi,
I made the subscriptin through your website. Before I could just click on the subscription in my account (with Firefox) an cancel the subscription. Now I click everywhere and nothing happens. Maybe it is the browser?

Please contact support@shapr3d.com with this issue, our support team will be happy to help you.

Honestly, I don‘t understand the new pricing. To be more precise, I don‘t understand why users have to pay twice as much now to help you grow your great app and business than before. Only pro subscribers were and since March 8 business subscribers are able to pay for testing the latest features and providing you feedback on it, right?
I was ok and still am paying 240/year for the pro version (now updated to business at no extra cost in my case) though I am a hobbyist and might always be - even after I have spend thousands of EUR for the annual subscription of Shapr3d.

Actually, I had thought about dropping out because drawings were missing and then stayed because I was told it was coming. It is now there, but frankly speaking rather on a hobbyist level, than a pro or business level. I keep my subscription for now, as you hopefully keep improving the app.

Would I join in today at 500/year for the business deal because of the prospect of a drawing feature which, at some unknown time in the future, will offer more than below hobbyist needs? Nope, I would rather spend this sum on tools/machines and grow my shop every single year! The hobbyist deal is nice, but I would know about the impossible leap I would have to make for drawings, which are essential to my needs. With a business plan at 240 EUR/year I might do it. But with the business plan at 500 EUR/year I think I‘d rather stay on the free plan. And even if I’d subscribe for the hoppy subscription you‘d loose 100 EUR/year from me now and each such client.

I believe I am not the only one upgraded to the business plan now who would not pay you a single EUR today if today’s pricing plan existed earlier. Will the new business subscriptions cover this loss? If so, Shaprs pricing decision might make sense. But this might not be the case if you also consider all those people you would loose, or will not win, but who have been giving or will be giving so much valuable feedback to you Shapr3D and the users/community on the latest developments of your app.

In any case, I am wondering why you would rather want me and people like me to buy more tools and grow their shop and actually make stuff, than wiring you 240 EUR each and every year so we can also play with your gadget, give you feedback and even use some of our designs for free for your marketing on IG. I just received the second request from you and am happy to share. But there is no way I’d pay you 500 EUR/ year for this opportunity!

Maybe it would be a win-win if the new business plan came at the same conditions (or much closer) as the good old pro plan. And if the Hobby plan would have some limited drawing functionality, ok. But a hobby plan with no drawings? No thanks.

2 Likes

A new update was just released which now gives unlimited designs in the hobby plan.
This answers my main concern with that plan, even though I’d have preferred import/export instead.

This change is very welcome, and I’m glad you are listening to feedback. In my opinion this makes Shapr3d a lot more attractive for hobbyists focused on 3d printing.

1 Like

We are always listening :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I totally agree with what has been said by others. A big part of being a hobbyist is making projects open source for others to use and improve upon and that is virtually impossible with stl. STEP is a must have, I can understand the need to reserve features for the Business tier but without STEP in the hobbyist tier I will probably need to find an alternative to Shapr3 as much as I love it.

@Istvan_CEO_Shapr3D

If a free student subscription expires (with all functions), can I continue it with the old price (with all functions)?

I am not sure if I understand what you mean. We still have the edu program, where you can access all the features for free while you are a student or educator. But if somebody had an edu sub, they won’t be able to subscribe to Business for $240.

@Istvan_CEO_Shapr3D

My nephew is a student and currently has the free student subscription.
All functions are there, all import and export, drawings, etc.
If he is no longer a student can he continue this for 240?
He needs all the functions, but he would never pay the new price and use different software.
240 is he willing to pay and use your software.

No, but he can get the hobby tier for $150.

Only STL Export is a no-go for him.
He was just happy that drawings were finally implemented.
He thanks anyway that he could use this APP for free for a while.
So you’ve lost a long-term customer.

I am sorry to hear that.