Run shapr3d on two ipads (ipad mini and pro)

My Ipad Pro 2018 12,9 still have a few good years left, so I might not upgrade before a 2022 or even 2023 version comes out

I did however order the new Ipad Mini. This will mainly be a dedicated notebook to compliment my big Ipad Pro. But also a lighter setup for when I’m running around at work.

I would also love to use shapr3d on it.
But will I be forced to log in and out when switcing between them?

I can see the logic why you would not be able to do it. Even if it was locked to the same icloud account. But it would be nice .

It’s one device at a time. Otherwise you could give out your log in, and others could use your account. It’s subscription protection. The Shapr3D team are considering FaceID to enable quick log in between devices. I go between several different iPads between my shop and home.

2 Likes

More precisely, it’s one device of the same type at a time.
So you can be logged in on an iPad, Mac, and Windows device at the same time, but not 2 Macs, 2 iPads etc.
As you said, it’s not set in stone, and might be changed in the future.

1 Like

PS!
I can confirm. You can definitely do great Cad work and renderings on a tini Ipad mini 6gen :wink:

It has quite the high resolution. So It actually doesn’t feel that tiny to work on. It can definitely work with both shapr3d and Cadmio:)