Measurement within a circled object

Hi, I’m trying to understand how I can measure the internal width of a circular object. I’ve tried everything but can not seem to figure it out. I’ve attached a screenshot that shows what I’m trying to measure. Thanks in advance.

Hi @ginko ? What do you mean by internal width? The diameter of the cylinder?

If you look at the screenshot you’ll see what I mean. I want to measure the internal walls of the disc from one side to the other

That’s the diameter. Just select the cylinder, and the diameter will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.

1 Like

Yes I know that is the diameter, but you can only get an accurate measurement of the external diameter of the object (see attached pict 1). AFAIK there is no way to get the internal diameter of the object and that is what I’m looking for (see attached pict 2). The lid has a rim that is 3 mil thick so the internal diameter is different than the external. Am I doing something wrong?

If the diameter does not show up, it means that the internal face is not a cylinder, thus it doesn’t have a diameter.

1 Like

Make planes with the “perpendicular to edge at pont” and cut with the “split bod” tool, and you can mesure the walls.
Rotate the plane 90 deg and cut again , may be will fid the mistake.

1 Like

To add to what Istvan said, you can select the inner top edge and see the diameter of that circle.

1 Like

Doesn’t it depend on how the “circle” is created? Case in point, if I project a circular face as a sketches, it will be a circle, and extrude a cylinder; whereas if it is projected as edges, it is no longer a circle and will extrude into a non-cylinder—even though it appears to be a circle and cylinder.

1 Like