Move from midpoint to midpoint

I’m on a Mac using Version 5.291.0 (4676)

I just want to move an object from one midpoint to another midpoint…
I am not able to select either midpoint…
I think the picture shows the goal. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike…

Select the body, it should show a coordinates. (If not, use the menu to get to Move/Rotate. Then move the center dot to the zero point of the coordinate system. Then rotate the body down to whatever angle you want.

1 Like

McD,

Thanks for the quick response.

Here’s what I am trying to do, see this video…

obviously it’s not picking the first midpoint… and the second point, is it really a midpoint?

Any more suggestions?

Mike…

I would make a body from the sketch you want to align to, then use the Align tool.

At my PC the align-tool even works with the sketch-line… but you would have to tilt the body back to the angle it had before that operation.

• Doubleclick the body
  • select the align-tool
  • click on the edge of the body
  • click on the sketch-line
  • S3D moves the body to a position the midpoints of edge and line are aligned
  • before selecting “done” tilt the body about that certain angle
    HTH
    Cheers Matt
1 Like

I tried the align tool both ways, Laci’s way and Matt’s way. Both times it rotated the solid to perpendicular to the sketch.

Isn’t there any way to use the translate tool and translate from midpoint to midpoint?

What is the matter with tilting the body within this operation?
You might as well use the measurement-tool to measure the angle before if it is unknown to you.

1 Like

Currently, there is no midpoint snapping between bodies and sketches, without alignment.

Matt, It’s probably a memory muscle issue I am dealing with. I will try to use your method a bit and see if I can get used to it.

Laci, too bad there is no midpoint snapping.

So I ended up creating a couple lines to find the apparent intersection, and then moved from endpoint to endpoint. Nice to have more than one way to do things…

There is midpoint to midpoint snapping using Translate.

3 Likes

@TigerMike TigerMike,

I can’t seem to find the midpoint of an edge…

You can sketch a line at the midpoint of an edge on the bottom surface then use Translate.

3 Likes

@TigerMike

That works! Thank you!

Mike…

1 Like