New version: 2.0.1

Shapr3D 2.0.1 is out, with a gazillion bugfixes and stability improvements.

Sorry for the previous release, we released it a bit early, it was rather buggy and unstable, but the current version is much better.

If you have any issues, let us know, and we will do our best to fix it.

Yay!

2 Likes

Transform handles work in zoomed mode. Thanks for the fix!

I noticed you offer an edu license. Is it free for university staff or only students/teachers?

1 Like

Yay!

Free for educational purposes. If you want to use it to teach in the university, then you can request it.

Has the ability to import drawings been added yet? I think the app is amazing, but I have no use without the ability to import drawings so I can draw on top of them

Still having the same problem of objects not duplicating but snapping back when dragged with the Copy clicked
Also if Copyed isn’t highlighted the object will not only snap back but will then disappear
Now this is not with every object but only those that will not duplicate
Did a hard reset, downloaded an older version of the project to see if that would make a difference (it didn’t)
Not sure what else to do

Can you send me that workspace please?

Will do, give us a second

Not yet, but in the groups window there is already an images tab. Very soon we will add image import.

2016-12-08 Reformer Final.

Tbaks, looking into this.

Fixed! Fix will be included in the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem at all, happy you were able to get to the bottom of it! :blush:

1 Like

Having an issue where when you extend a shape it leaves the lines of the original end point
When trying to Delete the line the whole shapes gets deleted
Not sure if this is how it’s supposed to work in version 2 but it hadn’t acted like this before

Currently thisbis how it supposed to work, but we will soon reimplement the line removal.

When you say "line removal"
Is this through deleting or automatically?
And just curious seeing that this was a choice of design
Not sure how other people work, not having come from any professional training
We spend a lot of time extending or decreasing the length of an object to get it to fit
Already we are getting lots of extra lines so as to make any design rather confusing looking! :slight_smile:
How might have you thought this feature to aid in the process?
Some times we had thought it would have been nice to see what the original length of something might have been, but to make it permanent gets unruly!

Both! We will automatically remove when you extrude, but you will be able to remove them manually as well.

Since we have you here! :slight_smile:
It would be a nice feature to be able to keep one finger on the screen while using the pen to rotate or move and object and while the finger is held down the object will jump or move in even increments
Say 45° or .25"
Even having a bit of a magnetic jump while bringing two objects together and you touch your other finger to the screen the might automatically align to centers
Not sure if that makes sense, but we spend a lot of time going to the keypad to manually type 90° :slight_smile:

Maybe a shortcut for the most important angles? Buttons for 30, 45, 90, 120?