Pro subscription isn't pro anymore

I’ve been a pro user since 2017. After upgrading to version 3.21.0 my subscription isn’t “pro” anymore - instead I get the “unlock all features / go pro”-sign when I open an imported step model…

Philip

If you did not change your device and userId please re-login into the app via the workspace -
On the “discover” page tap on the " settings " icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and select “ Log in

If the issue persists, then try restoring the subscription to your userId as explained below:
Here’s how you can go about this:

Load the application
Tap on " Settings" again and select “Restore subscription” underneath the Logout tab

Kindly give these a try and let me if the issue persists.

Hi Philip, it seems you are logged into the Beta version and this version does not reflect the updated subscription. Please download the app from App Store, log in and then restore your subscription as described above. This will resolve the issue and you can afterward get back to using the Beta version if you will like to.

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Thank you Victor! Problem solved :+1:

It seems to be a little too easy to be confused by the different versions. Perhaps the beta versions should have a different icon…

Philip

Hi Philip, it’s great to know that the issue is resolved and thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:
If you experience any further issues accessing the Pro features, we are here to assist.

1 Like

Hey there Victor, sorry to bother you on this thread. Is there anyway I can be a part of the beta version for shapr3d? Would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! Absolutely, I will send you an invite email and we appreciate as well.

Awesome ! Thanks so much

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Hey quick question, as a beta tester do we have access to all functions.? Mine still just shows the regular options, so I can’t use colors or export

I figured it out , sorry bout that

No worries, it’s great to know that is clear now.